PDA

View Full Version : It's me again (possibly sensitive)

Uncertain27
26-04-13, 20:48
Admin please delete if it's offensive to anyone who's actually affected by this:

This probably sounds truly ridiculous but I'm worried I will go in the toilets on the train or in a public building and come across someone self-harming in there. I'm particularly bothered about the toilets at the cinema for some reason. How likely is this, and is there something I could do if it did happen?
I wouldn't know who to call because it's neither immediately life-threatening (usually) or illegal, and most of the places I go to wouldn't have staff who could do anything either except maybe Citizens Advice. I know I would worry for ages though because I hadn't done anything.

I have done this before reading about a certain situation then worrying for several weeks that it will happen, for a while it was getting locked in places after they close, especially over Christmas and New Year because opening hours kept changing. I was looking forward to going to the cinema now I can afford it for the first time in ages (and when they FINALLY manage to make a sci-fi or horror film that doesn't have the world getting destroyed in it :huh:) and I might wimp out now. :unsure:

Annie0904
26-04-13, 22:00
If you think realistically about this I am quite sure it is very unlikely to happen. I have family who go to cinema's on a regular basis and use the toilets there and have never come across this. I don't think many people who self harm would do it in a public place like this anyway.
We can't live our lives worrying about the 'what if's' especially when they are highly unlikely 'what if's' Go to the cinema and enjoy it :)

hanshan
27-04-13, 05:45
It's extremely unlikely, and the person would probably lock themselves in a stall, where no-one would see them.

If you can, put it out of your mind, or talk to a doctor who can help with obsessive thoughts.