PDA

View Full Version : Scared of meningitis

Freaked
27-04-13, 14:31
I've been getting such weird head symptoms. Persistent terrible lightheadedness, pressure feelings, numbness, aching neck, funny vision, slight speech problems, ringing ears. Went to hospital with faintness, they found raised white blood cells and a temperature, figured it might have been a urinary infection even though I didn't have any symptoms, put me on antibiotics and sent me home. Went to hospital with numbness on right side of face, vision problems on that side and weird pressure feelings. Apparently some of my reflexes were a bit off on that side and two doctors told me I'd be getting a scan, but then the consultant came round in the morning and said to schedule one myself if the symptoms didn't clear up :weep:

So I've been getting more symptoms, went to my GP who referred me to a neurologist for hopefully next week. So now I've been getting numbness down my spine, neck and joint pain and feel like I'm getting a cold. I'm worried I've had cerbro-spinal fluid leaking this whole time causing my symptoms and now because of it I might have caught meningitis from one of the really sick kids at the doctor's office yesterday.

I had a piano teacher who had leakage and they patched her up in an emergency in case she got meningitis. A few years later she died at a very young age, though not sure what from. My parents are sick of bringing me to hospital, but it's so hard to take this worry. Why couldn't they have just done the scan!