PDA

View Full Version : Sore under arm

Munchlet
27-04-13, 15:18
Hi

I'm trying really hard to keep my HA in check but guess I just need to try and get a bit of reassurance on this.

Yesterday I noticed that I had a kind of sore spot in my breast area. It was hard to pinpoint where it was exactly as it was only there if I turned or twisted a certain way. Anyway felt all around and all felt ok so I thought maybe I'd pulled something.

Today I've felt fine the pain isnt' there so I haven't been worried but I've just come back froma 4 mile walk and my armpit on the same side felt really tender. I've checked it and can't feel anything but the good old HA is starting to flare and I'm thinking it's all connected and the old breast cancer fears are surfacing.

Has anyone had this it feels like I have a swollen lymph node but I can't actually feel it, when I feel there's just a tender patch under my arm. Weird thing is it wasn't there this morning and I've only noticed it since I came back from my walk.

Thanks for reading.

backfromthebrink
28-04-13, 19:58
Hi - I'm dealing with sore breast and sore underarm area anxiety at the moment. I was referred to the breast clinic 2 months ago and they did an ultrasound of my breast and underarm area and said it was cyclical breast pain, but that doesn't seem to have done away with the worry for me.

My advice would be: Think about where you are in your menstrual cycle. If you are mid-cycle or later, breast pain (including extending to underarm area) is common. Wait and see how it is a few days after you get your period.

Try not to touch it, feel it, poke it, squeeze it during this time. The more you do that, the more it will hurt and the more worried you will get, and the more you will squeeze it to see what you can feel - and the more it will hurt - and so on in a vicious cycle. Sit on your hands, if need be!

Tell yourself that you will examine it properly (lying down, arm above your hand, feeling gently as in a proper breast exam) in 10-14 days time (as long as that's the right point in your cycle - from the beginning of your cycle to 7 days in). And before that, you will not touch it. Write in your diary the day you're to do the breast exam - so you can forget about it between now and then.

Stuff which has only happened for a few hours or even a day or so, isn't anything to get worried about.

Apple81
28-04-13, 20:50
I agree. Could you have pulled a muscle in your arm?

Munchlet
28-04-13, 21:15
I know it is hard, I don't think it's quite as sore today, its a really small area thats tender probably about the size of a 5p and it feels like there should be a spot or something there but I can't see anything.

I'm trying not to panic, but you know what it's like. I've decided I'm going to leave it a few days and see how it feels then.

I did wonder if I could have done something walking as it only started when I got back and today I ache all over and particularly down that side. I'm also sneezing a lot today so maybe I'm coming down with a cold and it's a sore lymph node.

Thank you ladies xx

Apple81
28-04-13, 22:55
Probably is if you're feeling ill. I understand what you're going through though hun. Give it a few days and try not to poke. I could do with taking my own advice!