PDA

View Full Version : ptsd

patricias
27-04-13, 16:28
hi i am not new just not been on line for an age.
just recently had to be rescued from partner and now live in refuge, i used to get a lot of advice from fellow users to leave my situation , well i have but it took a very traumatic event. i will look back soon and know that did the right thing, but i am under councelling for ptsd. i will log on again to nmp with new zest as there are a lot of nice people here.

---------- Post added at 16:28 ---------- Previous post was at 16:21 ----------

i am returning after a long time as i was unable to get on line for ages i now live in a refuge and am getting 24hour councelling for ptsd, , a lot of users used to advise me to leave my old situation , well i have but it took some very traumatic events to do it. i am sure i will look back soon and be so glad i did it, i am getting 24hour help at present, and writing this email in a library is a big step forward, but it prooves i am on the right tracks. yes it has been some of the hardest times of my life but they do say that it is curable and that times will get easier,

Annie0904
27-04-13, 16:47
Hi Patricia, I have also had counselling for PTSD partly caused by a previous relationship and I hope that it helps you as much as it has helped me. I am pleased that you are now out of the situation as I know from my own experience that it is not an easy decision to make. I wish you well in your recovery and I hope you will find lots of happiness in the future.

Dbl1981
01-05-13, 21:15
PTSD isn't something to take lightly. In my case it was combat related recently 8 years after I was diagnosed I ended up having to be hospitalized because I tried to put my disease aside I will honestly say don't do that. I got the help I needed and I finally have my life back