PDA

View Full Version : How many people worry or have worried about a brain tumor?

healthanxietygirl
27-04-13, 20:50
ive seen MANY people on this site worry they have a BT
including me.
and i still worry to this second as im typing this.

would be nice to see how many health anxiety suffers are the same :bighug1:

cattia
27-04-13, 23:14
Yes, this is one of my default worries. I have had BT symptoms for years so most of the time I can at least think that if I did have one it would have killed me by now, but then sometimes I think maybe I have a slow growing one that will be massive by the time they discover it.

shaunnajadelle
27-04-13, 23:25
Yes, my major ailments fluctuate between brain tumour, cancer of the kidneys or pelvic organs, Multiple Sclerosis, or brain aneurysm :weep:

Bekzie
27-04-13, 23:42
I worry about lots of illnesses but lately brain tumor is at the top of the list. I'm learning not to listen to the thoughts anymore though :hugs:

anxious_thoughts
28-04-13, 03:48
I am constantly worrying about that, especially at this moment.
I've had headaches for almost 10 years but seem to be getting worse as I can't sleep on my left or right side due to pressure/pains in my head!! :(
Last weekend I had severe dizziness every time I looked down, with weakness in my right arm and leg, headaches, and my face felt like pins and needles.
I went to the doctors and he performed some small neurological tests on me, took my blood pressure and told me it was anxiety/stress. I had blood work done two days ago and just waiting for the results. After the doctors I felt SO much better, but I still have face tingles and some slight dizziness and neck/head pains :( I'm terrified!

Eek
28-04-13, 06:10
It was one of my big all time worries until I had a head CT a year and a half ago and then it just went as the CT was all clear. I then moved on to other worries though :(

unsure_about_this
28-04-13, 08:25
Yes as well as about 200 other cancers,50+ million diseases of the body, 50+ million diseases as well.

I do have NF and read an increased risk of getting a BT

emeraldgirl
28-04-13, 11:25
This is one of my many worries especially as I know three people that have had brain tumours. One thing however all three of these people had severe signs that could not possibly be missed and the symptoms were there all the time, getting worse. I try to remind myself about this when I start to worry about a brain tumour because my worrying symptoms e.g. dizziness, pins and needles, usually come and go

star68
28-04-13, 12:11
I worry about it too. Heart attack, followed by brain hemorrhage and brain tumor. I suffer from headaches regularly and sometimes are dreadful then is when I worry about brain hemorrhage and brain tumor. I had an MRI two years ago and sometimes feel that I should have one every year just for peace of mind, I am so fed up of spending my life worrying it's such a burden I really envy people that enjoy their life without worrying about their health. I would give my all in exchange of a life free of constant health worries. I am not envious of wealth, beauty, fame, success, I crave for an anxiety free life!!

ceecee
28-04-13, 16:25
Hi yes I thought I had a brain tumour for years , extremely common either anxiety given the symptoms.....in the end I paid yo have an MRI scan which came back fine thank god :) I hope this helps you to know this is pretty common and you're not alone ...:hugs:xxx

anxious_thoughts
28-04-13, 16:28
This is one of my many worries especially as I know three people that have had brain tumours. One thing however all three of these people had severe signs that could not possibly be missed and the symptoms were there all the time, getting worse. I try to remind myself about this when I start to worry about a brain tumour because my worrying symptoms e.g. dizziness, pins and needles, usually come and go

Oh wow, do you know what the severe signs those people had for it to be a brain tumour? I feel like I have so many symptoms :(

almamatters
28-04-13, 17:55
Had this fear for a long time, diagnosed myself with a specific kind of brain tumour as well , had a MRI which confirmed I did not have a brain tumour but even now I still worry about them. :flowers:

healthanxietygirl
01-05-13, 18:41
Had this fear for a long time, diagnosed myself with a specific kind of brain tumour as well , had a MRI which confirmed I did not have a brain tumour but even now I still worry about them. :flowers:

i hate the crazy tingling sensation or 'moving' sensation