PDA

View Full Version : Could this be a possible brain tumour?? :(

anxious_thoughts
28-04-13, 03:45
I've had headaches for almost 10 years that seem to be getting worse. WHen I lay down on my left or right side I get sharp pains in my head and I also get head pressure when I lay down flat on my back. I had severe dizziness last weekend, with horrible sharp pains in my head, weak right arm and leg, and my face felt like pins and needles. I went to the doctors and he performed some neurological tests on me because I thought it was a brain tumour, he also checked my blood pressure (which was fine) and I had blood work two days ago. The doctor told me it was all due to anxiety and stress, which I thought it was because after I left the doctors the headache, dizziness, weakness in right arm and leg, and pins and needles feeling in my face went down a bit but is still there. It's now been 4 days since I went to the doctors and I still have headaches/sharp pains in my head, pins and needles feeling in face, and slight dizziness especially when I am looking down. I also have head pressure and pain. What could it be?? :(

pinky2681
28-04-13, 09:43
Hello. I often get numb arm and leg down my left side and suffer from tension head aches which feels like a pressure on my head like you described. If your gp has checked you out and thinks its down to anxiety then it does sound like it is. I find the more I focus on my worry the worse it will be. Try to get plenty of sleep (lack of sleep gives me headaches).

anxious_thoughts
28-04-13, 16:25
Hello,
It's nice to see someone is going through almost the same as me. Makes me more calm. If this doesn't end my next weekend I will go to my doctor again. I've also noticed that if I'm not thinking about it it sort of goes away too, maybe it just is anxiety. I still get constant headaches though.

Hello. I often get numb arm and leg down my left side and suffer from tension head aches which feels like a pressure on my head like you described. If your gp has checked you out and thinks its down to anxiety then it does sound like it is. I find the more I focus on my worry the worse it will be. Try to get plenty of sleep (lack of sleep gives me headaches).