PDA

View Full Version : My eye keeps twitching

GirlAfraid23
28-04-13, 08:39
My eye keeps twitching everyday. Help! What is it?

pinky2681
28-04-13, 09:50
My eye and various other parts of my face will often twitch. I know twitching in your eyes are a symptom of anxiety and thats what I've always put mine to being.

Tufty
28-04-13, 10:17
Yep anxiety is the main cause of twitching eyes. Mine have gone now I'm on medication, it was irritating and a constant reminder of my anxiety, even when I was trying to get on and do normal things I could feel my eye twitch :wacko:

xtremx
28-04-13, 10:23
Yeah anxiety yet again my eye keeps twitching and it is worse when under stress.
No lie detector needed for me just look at my eye if needs be.:mad:

emeraldgirl
28-04-13, 11:18
Like the others say, eye twitching can be caused from anxiety. For me I always get it when I'm tired or have spent too long staring at the computer screen. I don't think its a sign of anything serious but it can be very annoying.

GirlAfraid23
28-04-13, 12:16
Like the others say, eye twitching can be caused from anxiety. For me I always get it when I'm tired or have spent too long staring at the computer screen. I don't think its a sign of anything serious but it can be very annoying.

I am always on my computer/phone. Do you think that's why?

KeeKee
28-04-13, 12:40
Hi GirlAfraid,

Now you mention it my twitch in both eyes has seemed to appear after being on my phone constantly. Maybe that could be why?

Or it could ve stress as I've had an awful week this week. Either way, looks very common (thankfully).

Sparkle1984
28-04-13, 13:52
I've felt quite anxious this week and my left eye kept twitching. It carried on intermittently for several days, including yesterday. It hasn't happened today yet, so I'm hoping it's stopped!

I asked my step-dad about it, and he says it's nothing to worry about, it's just a nerve in your eye that's twitching and it should resolve by itself.

xfilme
28-04-13, 15:19
If it makes you feel any better, my right eyelid has been twitching constantly for over a month. x

emeraldgirl
28-04-13, 17:17
I know that being on the computer for long periods of time makes my eyes twitch for days afterwards. I now try to have a break regularly or at least to make sure I blink. I think its because you are staring and possibly not blinking as often that does it. Give the eyes a rest and see if it improves. It did for me.

KeeKee
28-04-13, 18:32
Do you guys not get nervous when your eyes twitch constantly for weeks on end? Mines been almost a week and this last 10 mins literally constant. Really freaking me out!

MARK1971
28-04-13, 18:44
Hi there, yes my right eye twitches along with nose and mouth aka right sided facial spasm & although annoying and sometimes painful is a symptom of excessive anxiety. Had it for about 15 years!!!!!!

emeraldgirl
28-04-13, 19:05
Thought I'd share this that I found on the web. Eye twitching, although annoying is really nothing to worry about! The web page lists the causes of eye twitching as:-

Stress
Tiredness
Eye strain
Caffeine
Alcohol
Dry eyes
Nutritional imbalances
Allergies
and goes on to say..

Almost all sudden-onset eyelid twitching is benign, meaning the condition is not serious or a sign of a medical problem

MARK1971
28-04-13, 19:20
Yea I went to see a neurologist etc and there was nothing sinister found ...unfortunately it is another annoying symptom one has to endure. Yea the constant twitching makes me tired and goes into overdrive when tired, so it's the never ending cycle one knows so well !!!!