PDA

View Full Version : Is this another anxiety symptom or something bad

bashley
28-04-13, 09:16
I suffer with extreme anxiety mainly to do with health (heart). I have palpatations, fast heartbeat panic attacks etc but the last few mornings when I wake up I get this really strange feeling. It's hard to explain but it's like my heart drops for a while its not like a thumping palp it's more softer. And it's like I literally stop breathing for a few seconds although it feels like its minutes. It's like a falling sensation it's really scary I get it happen quite a lot when I wake up and just lay for a while. I'm having a major op soon and I'm scared that I won't come through it as I'm obsessed I have heart problems evn though my doctor has told me its anxiety. Please help, has anyone had this weird sensation. Also my chest is really achy it hurts when I push it so I've been told that it s muscular.:weep:

KeeKee
28-04-13, 11:09
. Hi, lately I have been waking feeling very strange. Today it seems my eyes feel weird even though I had an eye test on Thursday and have very healthy eyes. Ive been so stressed lately and that can increase symptoms and as you are having an op soon no the wonder you are feeling strange especially if you have health anxiety. Do you not have any medication that can calm you down? I have 40mg of Propranolol that I take on a morning anf when I wake up I actually look forward to taking it as I always wake up panicky.

countrygirl
28-04-13, 13:22
What you are describing could be an ectopic heartbeat. TOTALLY HARMLESS but unpleasant. This is where the heart puts in an extra beat before it should and then pauses to reset itself ( in simple terms) then gives an extra hard beat to empty the heart of blood. This can feel like any of the following - flutter in chest or throat- sinking dropping senation in chest or head- thump in chest or throat.

At its worst I can get these beats every 3rd heartbeat! MIne have been caught many times on ecg and are classed as normal variations of heart beat. Its also possible to get runs of them one after the other which feel awful but again the heart resets itself.

I was told by cardio that the time to panic is if you lose consciousness even for a few seconds as this would make him want to investigate further but just feeling faint is normal with ectopic beats.

Hope this helps

bashley
30-04-13, 07:25
Thank you for your replies, I hate these awful symptoms it really gets me down. I woke up at 4am this morning with the same dropping feeling its quite scary. Then once I get up i feel so panicky my hearts racing. I'm dreading my op and I'm scared due to these awful symptoms I will not make it through the op.:weep: