PDA

View Full Version : I need advice about peri menopause and anxiety

star68
28-04-13, 11:57
I am 45 years old and recently I have been experiencing bad bouts of anxiety. The situation at the moment is that I have an 83 year old mum, she's is generally well but the cardiologist said she has Aortic Valve Stenosis and that she must loose weight (she weights 98 Kg, ar too heavy for her age) and exercise and her symptoms will improve, she has very low energy at the moment and becomes breathless very easily because of her condition. If I ring her and she doesn't answer the phone I panic, I get very scared I am so afraid about something happening to her. I know she's old and she's not going to live for ever but she is my mum and the thought of something happening to her terrifies me. So I am constantly with fear. I feel very alone with the problem although my husband is very good, but my sisters live about 6 hours by car from where we live, and I have all the responsibility on my shoulders, I have a family too and I work so there are times that I feel exhausted and I begin to feel anxiety symptoms. I used to suffer from panic attacks but I have them a few years ago but they are under control and suffer from anxiety before my periods but I don't panic because once the period comes I feel well again. But now I feel that I can't catch my breath and feel very anxious regularly, which is unusual to me because I used to control it very well. My question is could that be peri menopause symptoms or simply anxiety. I have heard that peri menopause increase anxiety and other symptoms. I have noticed as well that when I am nervous I get very hot and sometimes I feel my scalp tingling. If is peri menopause I will have to accept it and get on with it,but if is plain anxiety I would l use my techniques to cope with it, which I am not sure if they will work with peri menopause anxiety. And if is peri menopause does this edgy feeling last all the time or comes and go. I would like to hear your experiences for reassurance, I am very confused. A big hug to everyone.

Annie0904
28-04-13, 18:21
My anxiety got much worse during peri menopause so I am sure it could be related but I am sure the same techniques for coping with it can be used.

star68
28-04-13, 18:36
Thanks I will try the techniques, but it feels that I am more conscious about it, before i will try the techniques and ignore and it will be forgotten, now is more persistent it takes longer to go.

Annie0904
28-04-13, 18:53
I know what you mean and I guess it was the same for me. Chamomile tea has helped me but you need to drink about 4 cups a day.

ladybug51
28-04-13, 19:51
:hugs:

Tessie28
29-04-13, 18:55
Sure mine is related [I didn't have it before]. Sadly the menopause has been going on so long I wonder when I will ever be post menopausal !!!
You are not alone :hugs: