PDA

View Full Version : How much water to drink after drinking?

Em.ma
28-04-13, 14:28
Last night I had a lot to drink. I'm not anxious or anything. I had a good time but how much water should I drink the next day (today) I've had two 330ml bottles and three medium glasses so far but I've only been to the loo once on all that? And obviously it was dark dark yellow.

fluff
28-04-13, 14:31
I always drink water after alcohol too I norm drink it throughout the day instead of having a cuppa I norm just drink water for the rest of the day :-)

Em.ma
28-04-13, 14:32
Yes havnt had a cuppa tea or coffee today. Will just sipping water be ok? I'm not likely to be hospitalised for dehydration?
Bit worrying as I'm not weeing often and normally on water I'm running to the loo.

Kells81
28-04-13, 14:38
Emma-it looks as if a new obsession has started for you.

Do something to distract yourself and stop worrying about drinking.

fluff
28-04-13, 14:48
Im sure your fine sipping it or not and yeah id enjoy your day and stop worrying :-)

nomorepanic
28-04-13, 17:19
Emma - why on earth would you be hospitalised ?

Please try and rationalise things before posting and getting obsessed again.

Ingenious
28-04-13, 17:21
There was a programme on TV a while ago (either Horizon or one of the "Should I worry about..." episodes) where they had two identical twins. One drank a few litres of water a day regardless and the other only drank when needed. At the end of a month or so they were both re-tested for lots of things and they couldn't find any difference between them. The conclusion was our bodies tell us when to drink through thirst and this is enough. That was a surprise considering how often we are told we "need" to drink litres a day (though I still do!).

lizzie29
28-04-13, 20:21
Emma, you've done this before where you've gone out and drunk loads then the next day it's made you anxious and worried. Why do you do this to yourself? I know cbt says not to avoid situations etc but this is different.

Uncertain27
28-04-13, 20:29
Just drink when you feel thirsty, you won't be dangerously dehydrated from drinking, maybe enough to give you a headache but that's all. I feel thirsty and always fancy something salty like crisps when I've been drinking, but I'm fine by the next evening. :)

Em.ma
29-04-13, 20:56
Thanks guys.
Feeling better today as to be expected. Haha.
Did actually have a good evening.