PDA

View Full Version : Pains with fluoxetine

jessy
28-04-13, 16:37
Hi, I've been on fluoxetine for 8 weeks and I've started to have lots of aches & pains. Sometimes it's in the top of my arms, sometimes in the bottom of my arms, and then in the top or bottom of my legs. I'm so worried its something worse, as anyone had the same ?

jelly2010
28-04-13, 19:08
Hi Jessy,

Sorry to hear that you are in pain and feeling achy. I really would advise you to check with your doc. It could be that you are feeling physically tense and that's causing muscular problems but best to have it checked it out.

I get a uncomfortable feeling (kind of achey) in my left arm but I've linked it to when I am feeling particularly anxious rather than taking medication.
I hope this resolves quickly for you.
Jx

OncewasSupergirl
28-04-13, 19:41
I'm at 16 weeks Jessy and I still have days where I feel achey. I think it is anxiety related as I get the pains in the same place as you and also very often in my neck from tension. It has definitely improved though from the early days where it was everyday. Also if you are worrying about it it will be contributing as you are making yourself tense through worry. If you are seriously worried visit your GP personally I didn't bother cos I was pretty sure it was meds/anxiety related. Also depends what age you are I'm 36 so expect a few aches lol x x

jessy
28-04-13, 20:45
Thanks jelly2010 & oncewassupergirl for replying, I did go docs on Thursday he said it was probably side affects but I'm still worried its something worse...... I'm 42, feel like 80 lol

OncewasSupergirl
28-04-13, 22:44
I know that feeling I worry how I will cope when I'm old if I feel knackered now! X