PDA

View Full Version : 4 weeks on 40mg

jelly2010
28-04-13, 19:05
Hi all,

I was prescribed fluoxetine 20mg (for the 2nd time) at the end of Feb but this was upped to 40mg just over 4 weeks ago. The first 2 weeks at 40mg were hell with increased anxiety, insomnia, no appetite, dry mouth and suicidal thoughts. Last week I started to feel so much better and then last night I woke in a state of panic and today I feel low and anxious again.

Can anyone share if they have had similar experiences? I'm feeling really scared that I'm going back to how I felt a couple of weeks ago or that the meds aren't working.

Thanks,
J x

OncewasSupergirl
28-04-13, 19:37
Recovery is very bumpy in the early days and its completely normal to have good days followed by bad. Hang in there, sounds like the meds are helping so you should see more improvement soon x x

jelly2010
28-04-13, 19:42
Thanks Supergirl - very sweet of you to reply. I guess I'm just desperate to start feeling 'normal' again and freaked out with today's developments after a good week.
J x

Janine
28-04-13, 20:14
Super is so right it is normal to have a few good days and then have some bad ones, eventually you will have more good than bad until you hardly ever have a bad one and they do not last as long, it is worth it in the end so just hang in there and try not to worry too much although it is not easy.

xx

jelly2010
28-04-13, 20:21
Thank you so much Janine. Really kind of you both to reassure me.
These experiences can be so scary!
J x

OncewasSupergirl
28-04-13, 22:46
I'm at 16 weeks n mostly feel normal so there's hope in sight for you :) x x

Bogle the Dark Angel
03-05-13, 11:38
been taking 40mg for years ... reducing me down to 20mg as not been successful :wacko: Stick with it - takes at least 2-4 weeks for any real changes to sink in. Sounds like you need the 40mg dose - it has certainly made me more mellow and less anxious and jittery. Hope you're having a good day today - go sit in the sun and 'be still' for a little while :)