PDA

View Full Version : hating escitalopram but loved citalopram 10mg just not appetite

sarahilp
28-04-13, 20:57
Hi does anyone else fund citalopram better than escitalopram for mood I feel so happy on only 10mg of citalopram was switched to escitalopram due to wright gain told less side effects but my mood worse irritable aggressive and that's on 15mg keep getting told to see it through nut been five weeks and still hate it also given me more suicidal thoughts than ever? Would be really interested to hear if anyone else the same as was told they were so similar?:weep:

karenp
19-05-13, 06:25
Hi Sarah, I was opposite, I found Citalopram horrendous, it gave me panic attacks but have managed the start up effects of Escitalopram quite well though I have had Lorazepam to help.
All I can say is how you feel now will pass...I only started on 2.50mg's as I am prone to side effects. I also felt really flat at first and when I woke up I had terrible irritability but 6 months later I am just about perfect every day now (:
15mg seems a high starting to dose...I think I really started to feel an improvement after about 6 weeks and gradually built up to 10mg's which seems to work for me (:
Good luck darl, I hope the side effects leave you soon and here if you need a chat xxx