PDA

View Full Version : Does others have the same problem with their family?

Tinker28
29-04-13, 05:42
I want to know how many other people who suffer from Health Anxiety have the same kind of issues from there family. Im 32 years old Im pretty sure I am the only one in my family who is very worried about their own health like I do in my family. Yes I have gone to the doctors many many times over health concerns from checking my body and yes I have self diagone myself with a few things here and there. My family just laugh at me and make jokes at me and they don't understand what I am going through and that it's nothing I want to do. I don't want to feel this way everyday and put myself through this everyday, it's not like I wake up and say hey I think that I am going to think I have this illiness today. I want to know if others have gone through this themselves and what should I do?

---------- Post added at 04:42 ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 ----------

Does this bother anyone else or does anyone have this same problem?

xCryonic
29-04-13, 07:14
My parents/family were actually thinking the same, that. I'm just making it up, and I could deal with it easily if I just wanted.

Well, I showed them ALL the physical, and psychological symptoms you get by having panic disorder, generalized anxiety disorder and health anxiety disorder.

And telling them what I go through every day. and I only just turned 18 and I'm already going through all this, but not letting up. Well, I already let up with the school for now, waiting things to settle down a bit and then trying again later.

You should talk to your family, make them realize that it's not easy to have anxiety and that it affects your everyday life, from going to grocery store, maybe when even trying to use a public bathroom, which for instance I can't. Because I'm also claustrophobic on top of everything else and have a fear that I can't unlock the door while I'm still inside. It's actually pretty ridiculous, but it actually happened to me once when I was about 8-10 years old.

You can't really do anything about it, but by worrying less, talking about your problems to your family and maybe friends and most important, stopping to give yourself a hard time and trying to relax will make you definitely feel better, even if you can have a day without feeling anxious, that's a victory

And always remember, you're not alone with your problems, there are millions of people out there, having the same symptoms and difficulties to cope with this.

Be well, and hang in there! :hugs:

unsure_about_this
29-04-13, 07:34
Yes, even though my parents are concerned, I am frighten about the c word, the bowel cancer, testicular cancer, every type of cancer/disease. I been told to stay of google, and websites and try not to pay attention to the adverts.

I been asked why don't I trust doctors, you had your results back and there been fine. You been the doctors so many times, you get took of the listings and barred for seeing every doctor. I must admit I am a HA most of the time. I making myself ill with worrying about everything, I been told you will sent yourself into a early grave with all the worrying or give yourself a heart attack.

I get shouted out sometimes.

I get told we got no family of cancer, why are you worried for even though everybody should be concerned about their health.

lisad1977
29-04-13, 15:10
my family to make jokes and think its funny when i say im ill every day i hate it.

Tinker28
29-04-13, 16:30
I mean how do you not worry about your health, it's your health you only got one. I read a post from my mothers phone and they were talking about an intervention I mean really? Come on!