PDA

View Full Version : SCARED Sinus infected AGAIN

jillyb
29-04-13, 05:33
Nothing is working. Have had so many antibiotics and it won't go. Feeling awful and Very scared. Why won't it go? Glands up, sore throat, throbbing cheek. My colleague didn't respond to antibiotics and they found she had leukaemia and then she died, SO SCARED.

jillyb
29-04-13, 11:15
Been to doctor and he doesn't think it is infected and has given me hayfever tablets. Never taken them so will wait a bit (too anxious at the moment). I still can't understand why under my cheek feels puffy. So fed up and so anxious! Just going to take pain killers.

Ella13
29-04-13, 21:04
Hi Jilly, dont worry i know exactly what you're going through. I used to get a LOT of sinus infections and i mean one every few weeks. How long have you had this for? Mine's chronic and I got everything from headaches, pain around my eyes, cheeks, mucus in my nose and throat, ear infections. I know the ''puffy'' feeling exactly.

I was always prescribed antibiotics but most of the time it didnt work because it was viral (ie associated with a cold/flu) and not bacterial.

The one thing thats helped my sinuses is apple cider vinegar i just drink it with orange juice once in the morning and evening, its really helped clear up the pain and puffiness and i get a lot less headaches now - if you google it it tells you all the benefits. Also ginger and lemon tea works wonders and i try and take a vitamin c and zinc tablet every day.

Im actually suffering with mucus in my nose and throat at the moment ive had it for about 2 weeks and cant seem to shift it but i know going to the doctors will be pointless so im just upping my dose of the cider vinegar!

Hope you're feeling better x

Annie0904
29-04-13, 21:10
I get lots of sinus problems and take hayfever tablets. I have never had side effects from them.

jillyb
29-04-13, 23:09
Thanks for your support. Still can't believe that I can feel so rubbish and have such pain if it's not infected or worse. Maybe I should try the antihistamines. Ended up taking paracetamol and diazepam as my anxiety about all of this is out of control. Husband is very short tempered with me over this and that is making me even worse. Can't really blame him as I have been in this mega state for over 3 months now and our relationship is really suffering. Off to my 2nd group cbt tomorrow so hopefully will get some support.

superwoman
29-04-13, 23:41
Hi jillyb.
Suffering too with sinus and throat. Had 2 courses anti b's already and feels worse than before i took any! But i know it will clear up because i get it all the time and i can assure you yours will clear up too!
I get anxious and scared too especially when my glands are swollen and i feel like my throat is closing up. But this hasnt happened yet! Take the antihistimines they will help if there is anything that is irritating your throat & sinus. Also, i find ibuprofen helpful as it takes down the swelling.
Ps, my husband has a short fuse too sometimes, but for the most time he is great and supportive as he can be. Im sure yours is too, ive learned that it is ok for him to get like that sometimes, he cant be 100% strong all of the time. And he doesnt like to see me the way i am torturing myself over some unknown illness.
Hope cbt is helping, stay strong ;-)