PDA

View Full Version : pregabalin and alcohol

little wren
29-04-13, 07:54
Can you drink alcohol whilst on pregabalin. I also take prozac. The leaflet for pregabalin says to avoid it but is this a hard and fast rule or can you drink alcohol still?

hanshan
29-04-13, 08:31
Of course you can drink alcohol with pregabalin (and I have to say I do, but I'm never so silly as to combine the two with driving - or even alcohol and driving).

If you do combine the two, you might find yourself passing out at inopportune moments (like while you're driving a car and stopped at a traffic light - see above warning).

Overall, I'd say, yes, you can combine the two as long as (a) you start low and go slow, (b) forget any idea of driving a car, and (c) have a trusted friend who will get you home.

This is not say that you will pass out if you combine alcohol and pregabalin. Just that you need to establish your own limits before venturing out.

textilemagician
29-04-13, 10:47
Hi , I have just started to take 50mg twice a day a week ago. I had a can of cider on Friday night and I was OK. One of the side effects is the feeling of being drunk and someone told me that combining alcohol and Lyrica would enhance the effects of the alcohol so you would get drunk quicker! I took 100mg last night and I feel a tinsy winsy like I have had a drink this morning. So I don't think I'll be drinking any cider until that side effect gets better!! If you want to have a glass just take it very steady at first so you can gauge your response. Best of luck.....:yesyes:

On Fire
30-04-13, 06:33
Does alcohol not make anxiety worse though?

little wren
30-04-13, 08:13
Thanks guys - I had heard that it increases the side effects of the drug.

hanshan
30-04-13, 11:05
Hi On Fire,

"Does alcohol not make anxiety worse though?"

My answer would be, not if taken in moderation. Past that, yes.