PDA

View Full Version : My head feels weird :(

PinkRoxy
29-04-13, 08:43
I have been having this feeling in my head lately. Its like I feel dizzy when I move my head suddenly and it feels odd in that way like I lose balance but its not like I do or actually feel really dizzy its just a sensation.

I also been getting some sort of headaches like I have pressure in my head that feels like it is going to explode. I have had this since Saturday and starting to panic that it might be something bad :(

I am seeing my doctor tomorrow and will tell her about it. But has anyone ever had this feeling before? I had it about five years ago and it went away but it has come back and has stayed with me for longer this time.

Beatrice13
29-04-13, 12:43
Hi :) I've had a similar sensation this past week. It kind of feels like a balloon being blown up inside my head. When I move I don't feel dizzy as such, but kind of like im floating around and very off balance. It's quite a scary feeling. I'm going the doctors this afternoon; i've been suffering with various different symptoms for the past three months, this being one of them, and was originally diagnosed as Labrynthitis. Personally, I think it's all anxiety-related, but i need to remove any doubt that it could be something else before I truly accept this. I think the best thing to do is just try to ignore it. Easier said than done I know but...I promise you are not alone with this awful sensation!

flori
29-04-13, 15:19
I get pressure and funny sensations in head. I think its anxiety related too.

PinkRoxy
29-04-13, 21:10
Yes that is the feeling I get. Thanks for that. Even though I have felt some sort anxious but not all the time so Im still doubting whether it is anxiety or not. However I have been off citalopram now and this is my sixth day so whether that has anything to do with it I don't know. Citalopram is a medication and apparently I had to come off it slowly by taking half a tablet for one week then nothing for five days. I start a medication called fluoxetine today.

anxious_thoughts
30-04-13, 09:08
I get head pressures that worsen when I lay down. They are located at the top of my head near my forehead. I feel tightness around my temples. Any one else have this?

PinkRoxy
30-04-13, 10:19
I have had that feeling Jennclark. I think that might have something to do with blood pressure or the blood rushing in your head. Have you had your blood pressure taken recently? Otherwise it could be a sinus issue such as sinusitis that could be causing the pressure.

Anyway I went to the doctor today and she said the most common complaint from patients when coming off citalopram is that head feeling. It can also be a symptom of anxiety as my mum gets it when she is feeling anxious. But at least I know where it was coming from as I wasn't fully convinced it was caused by my anxiety.