PDA

View Full Version : another thing

mrs way to worried
29-04-13, 12:08
on top of me having every symptom of mouth cancer ive just weighed myself and lost 6lb in a week i knew i should have been more persistent and made the doctor send me to hosp sooner i know its to late may as well just get it over with myself i

KeeKee
29-04-13, 12:13
Hi,

Dont worry! I have lost 6lbs this week also, it's due to worrying!

unsure_about_this
29-04-13, 12:38
Hi I always weigh myself and asked my family do their think I lost weigh.

I tried a few different scales and get different readings. like for example
I got myself weight at my Nan and Granddad house yesterday (both said their scales are a bit out) so I weigh less than I thought, today I decided to try some different scales and my weight went back up. At doctors my weight was different again.

On a side note my BMI I did as well, never done one before.

mrs way to worried
29-04-13, 19:20
in just so worried

Apple81
29-04-13, 19:28
Anxiety creates nervous energy. I know when I'm going through a bad patch I lose weight.

robin321
29-04-13, 19:30
My weight can flucuate by more than that in a single day...

Munchlet
29-04-13, 21:00
Do you not think this is down to anxiety? Before Christmas I was worried about a hospital appt and I lost 8lb in 10 days. As soon as I got the all clear from the hospital I never lost anymore.

I'm sure the weight loss is down to your worrying, I know it seems hard to believe that when you are convinced something is wrong but once you get the all clear it will settle down.

superwoman
29-04-13, 23:47
I have lost lots of weight and have tried everything to put on weight. But i cant and no matter how much i eat it doesnt touch me because the nervous energy from anxiety burns it up. Im always hungry!
This is normal for sufferers of anxiety.
You will be ok ;-)

Frankie123
30-04-13, 12:00
These sudden weight losses happen to me all the time when I am particularly stressed out and worried. I have lost half a stone in a week. It then takes weeks to put it back on only for it to happen again when I have got stressed. Not helped by people saying "you've lost a lot of weight" because that panics you out even more.

Liviguy
30-04-13, 12:02
I am very thin, when I was younger I was constantly being hassled by doctors due to my weight. I have stressed for years, that is the reason I am so thin (as well as having a crap diet).

Worry takes weight off you.