PDA

View Full Version : Will I ever make new friends?

graciee
29-04-13, 14:06
Hi all,

I'm new here, im 20 and I've suffered with anxiety/panic attacks/OCD/depression for the past 2 years, with the past 9 months being a lot better after me finally getting a job to suit me and sticking at it (very proud) haha. I'd say my main bothers right now are my anxiety and moving forward that little bit more.
Throughout it all, I've lost all of my friends apart from 2 which I'm so grateful for, but unfortunately dont live in the same town as me, I also lost my boyfriend of 3 years due to everything.

Anyway... Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me, I just feel so alone! I have no friends near me and I find it so hard to make any new ones because I feel like I can't be the 'real me' around then because I'm always going to have my anxiety which takes over and makes me a different person. I almost feel that if I do meet anyone, then I'm just lying to then because I don't want to bombarded them with all my 'baggage'
I'm just getting tired of always having to do things with my parents, I want my own friends so I can build up to the way I used to live 3 years ago, instead of being afraid of meeting new people and letting the anxiety win all the time.
I'm barely ever in the situation to actually meet anyone new (my job is as a merchandiser so in basically my own boss, so I'm not based in one specific place with other employees.) so I'm not sure where to go or what to do, I only work 3 days, so on my days off its where I get really down about everything.

So yeah, just wondering how I can actually go about getting new friends, this is one of the reasons which I joined up here so I can try meet people that I can relate too and dont have to hide who I really am.

Sorry for the essay and if its a bit all over the place, hope you get the jist though :)
Grace

Katie22
29-04-13, 14:32
You'll find lots of lovely people on here and make some good friends too.:hugs:

graciee
29-04-13, 14:55
You'll find lots of lovely people on here and make some good friends too.:hugs:

aw thank you, I hope so. I feel really alone right now

Katie22
29-04-13, 15:08
I've been on here since Nov 2012 and they have made me very welcome, as they will with you with help, and advice, with lots of good listeners:D

kawaiiprincess
29-04-13, 22:47
I'm in a similar situation to you. I don't have any close friends because of my anxiety. It's difficult because the only people that know are my immediate family. At least there are people to talk to here so you're not alone :)