PDA

View Full Version : Good evening

Elle-Kay
22-06-04, 22:00
Hello everyone,

I just signed up tonight, after finally owning up to my problem on another (unrelated) messageboard, and being contacted with the "No Panic" website address, through whom I found No More Panic :)

My name's Leah (unsurprisingly!), I'm 22, from the East Midlands (UK) and I've just been (self)diagnosed agoraphobic, after about 7 years of suffering, without knowing what I was actually suffering with. Now, I know self-diagnosis makes alarm bells ring for a lot of folks, but trust me, I fit every description of agoraphobia I've read to a 'T' :) For me, it manifests by going anywhere away from home and being afraid of being trapped (I will *only* drive myself, I won't use public transport, and I have to take various 'safety' devices everywhere I go - calm remedies, a book to keep me occupied, mobile phone etc.), and it manifests *in* panic attacks, feeling nauseas (I also take a paper bag everywhere, and have to find the nearest lavvy first thing *g*), and more panic attacks when I become afraid that I'm going to be sick.

I had a period where I was "better" for a year or so a few years ago, but a string of deaths in the family put the scuppers on that, and now I'm back in the loop (though not as bad as age 15/16). My current biggest worry is that I've been offered a job within the past 2 days. It is only 10 mins walk from my home, in a part of my hometown I know well, but a job means I'll be 'trapped' from 9-5.30pm every day, bringing on all the associated fears and panics (and fears of panics! *g*). I'm also feeling dead guilty for pushing my partner away at the moment, but in my less lucid moments, I think it would be better for him to have a life without me clogging it up :(

So anyway, that's me...hi!

Leah

Rennie1989
22-06-04, 22:08
hiya leah

welcome to the site

u mentioned that u were scared if u were ognna be sick, well if u go on the phobia forum and find 'all alone' this girl has done sumot about a fear of bein sick, check it out

if u have an quirries etc always feels free to ask

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

seh1980
22-06-04, 22:43
Hi Leah,

Welcome to the site!! It sounds like you have had a tough time. It must have been quite difficult suffering for so long without knowing what was actually wrong with you. That must have been very aggravating for you. I'm sure you will find as much support here as I have. Take care.

Sarah (seh1980)

notts110
23-06-04, 00:21
hi leah welcome i'm a new member too, i'm also in the east mids, same issues as well,just gotta struggle thro them,good luck

if you can't get over it,go around it,you still get where you want to be

sarah
23-06-04, 01:08
Hiya Leah

Glad to have you on board!
i hope we can be useful to you in any way.
take a good look around, a lot of topics have been covered and any problems dont hesitate to ask.

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

Meg
23-06-04, 08:36
Hi Leah,

Welcome

Do start with reading First Steps in the introduction section of this forum.

If you need any specific help please do post about it.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

nomorepanic
28-06-04, 21:46
Hi Leah

Welcome to the message forum

Hope you settle down here and get loads of advice

Nicola

april tones
29-06-04, 23:00
hi leah, you will get alot of help on here and alot of people who understand. Your boyfriend obviously loves you and wants to help you so let him, you need him and visa versa. I live in worcestershire by the way, love april

apriltones