PDA

View Full Version : My anxiety and panick attacks

alexyyna
29-04-13, 15:53
Two days ago I went to Asda to buy some groceries.Suddenly I start sweating and felt my heart pounding,dizzines and nausea.I asked my husband to quick have a look for a bottle of water because I am not well.Then the symptoms didn't dissapear,they even got worse.However,we went home in a rush and when I arrived home I fainted.I thought I was going to die.Meanwhile my husband called the ambulance,I went to the hospital they took my blood,urine,checked my heart my blood presure and everything and after 4 hours of sitting there and having nightmares in my head they said nothing is wrong the test results are fine and I probably suffered from a panic attack.Today I almost got another one,but I tried to keep calm and relaxed because I was in the middle of the road with my daughter.I don't know what is happening to me I am crying wih no reason and I've good weird awful symptoms and I can't be happy anymore and live my life in a positive way.I am going on a holiday in july and I am afraid a panic attack is gonna hit me in the airplane(i am frightened of flying,though).I also had a car crash 1 month ago and I am panicked whenever I am travelling.I also mention that I am feeling overwhelmed at home and thinking that I can't take this anymore,doing all the duties and taking care of my daughter.When I am waking up in the morning I start my day eith a cascade of tears and crying I feel hopeless,with no reason to live and I feel like nobody is giving me any atention since I gave birth and everything crashed over me and my life is over and I probably will die soon.I need serious help,advice and someone to understand me

steveo
29-04-13, 16:09
Hi! You're not alone. Very sorry to hear about your recent problems. I'm 28 and have suffered with what you have got since I was 6 years old so I know it only too well. Others on here too have had long lives of it.

The good news is that it is treatable through both therapy and medication. The first thing you need to do is see your GP and tell him what's happening. He will probably prescribe you with an anti-depressant medication such as Citalopram or Prozac and he might also offer you an anti anxiety medication for a temporary measure such as Diazepam or Lorazepam which can be taken for short term or during emergencies.

You will also need to ask to be referred for CBT, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. This and medication will have you fixed up and controlled.

Panic attacks are VERY frightening, there is no doubting thought. You need to remember that it's discomfort and not danger. I would recommend getting some good books off Amazon and learn as much as you can about panic attacks and why they happen.

The panic attacks have obviously hit you very hard which is probably why you are crying alot. This is understandable. Go make an appointment with your GP ASAP!

All the best

Steven x

potato11
29-04-13, 18:40
Hi Alexynna

How long ago was it that you gave birth? Did the blood results show if you were anaemic?

Just wondering if your faint has come from a mixture of anaemia/fatigue from that. Happened to my mum 6 weeks after she gave birth she took us all shopping, did way too much and promptly fainted once she got home.

Spot-the-frog
29-04-13, 18:57
Sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time. How long since you had your baby? It sounds like you have depression and anxiety but I am no doctor, so first thing you need to do is go and speak to your doctor and tell him exactly how you are feeling, he will be able to help you maybe with medication or counselling.

Karen x

alexyyna
29-04-13, 20:35
My daughter is 18 months and based on the test results they said I haven't got any anaemia.

flori
29-04-13, 23:19
Stevio gave some really good advice there. Most of the things you mention are symptoms of anxiety/panic attacks. I have had them for years and do sympathize. They can be very frightening at times,but there is help available. Go see your GP.

SeroxVet
30-04-13, 02:39
Hello Alex. I'm no expert, but it sounds like you had a panic attack brought on by post-natal depression. If you read what you wrote in reverse then what happened in Asda makes a lot more sense. All the pressure/frustration that's been building up suddenly came flooding into your mind all at once and your body responded with classic panic symptoms. The good news is there is a lot of help out there for women in your situation and your GP will be able to point you in the right direction. Make an appointment asap. Good luck

alexyyna
30-04-13, 15:08
Thanks everyone for understanding me.I booked today an appointment with my gp ,but unfortunately he didn't knew much about it,so I've got an appointment at psychologist on thursday.Lucky I've got my mom coming every day to pick me up and help me to go through this situation.I want to get over this soon.

SeroxVet
01-05-13, 00:38
That's good news Alex. Your GP sounds like a good one. He admitted he didn't have the expertise and referred you to someone who does. If only more GPs would do that!

alexyyna
01-05-13, 10:45
Probably it is a good one, the point is that I asked him to prescribe me some medication to calm me down,but he didn't want to do that,he said first of all I am only 23 and second I'll feel worse than before,like a zombie.I stopped drinking any coffee for a while,and I also start doing some running one hour every day.My mom comes with ideas every day to keep my away from negative thoughts.I feel a bit better today,but i am still a bit dizzy,though and got some headaches every day :(