PDA

View Full Version : One last question "throat" then I will leave it..!

reddevil
24-09-06, 20:10
Hi all,

I have been talking to my wife today and she reminded me what the doctor said to me:

"It is red but there are no ulcers, tumors or signs of cancer"
He then checked my glands also...!
I then asked him is it anything serious, he then said "no and we don't refer people unless they are over 45 or have it for eight weeks"

After remembering this, would it be fare to say he can see right down my throat and he would tell if something was up as this eight weeks thing is realy worrying me?

Can my brain keep the throat pain going?

Red

juju
24-09-06, 20:28
hi reddevil,
how long has your throat been like this? if you are worried about throat cancer then it would be fair to say that if it has been a while you would have had a growth that you or the doc could feel by now. the doctor can see so far down your throat and if he was worried he would have reffered you by now. as for your brain, then yes it can continue to make u feel like this, if you dont let the symptom go then it will carry on.
i told you before on another post about my hubby being reffered from docs, he had camera etc, and they didnt leave him 8 weeks. if you are that worried ask to be sent for camera now. they cant refuse you.
julie

we are all stronger people after having this

reddevil
24-09-06, 20:35
Hi,

It's been like it for 3 weeks.

Regarding the camera, I think I'm scared to have that and I was hoping it would not be needed but I see what you mean.

Red

matilda
24-09-06, 21:35
Your brain will definately keep the throat going!!!

Melxxx
24-09-06, 22:27
Hi Red,

I have the throat thing, had it for months, it always the first sign of panic with me. I know its anxiety my doctor has looked and can see nothing. I believe him.

Warm drinks and sucking sweets helps me and taking sips of water though out the day.

I also had a swab and a MRI scan and there was nothing. My doctor told me it was the best brain he had ever seen (now thats debatable):D

I know it hard but try and distract yourself comfort yourself by doing something you really like.

My husband has got a really sore throat hes had it for weeks its an infection.

Try not worry and hope this has helped.

Mel

nomorepanic
24-09-06, 22:53
He can't see right down your throat no - but he can see the mouth and tonsils and the top of your throat.

If it was cancer then there would be signs there as well.

You have to forget about it - the more you think the worse it gets.

It would also help if you replied to one post as you now have over 5 open about this and people can't keep up - just reply to one with any additional news. Thanks

Nicola

Sheik N Shimmy
25-09-06, 10:38
Red,

You've got to believe the Doc when he says you don't have throat cancer - for your sake and your wife's sake.

I've been there - had the camera down my throat, barium swallow , chest CT scans etc. It turned out to be Acid Reflux (GERD) which was causing my problems including the redness.

If we can't trust the doctors we'll have no quality of life because of worry.

You should celebrate the fact that you have been given the all-clear and go and relax in a hotel with your wife for the weekend.

Sheik

Keep On Keepin On

Jem27
25-09-06, 11:28
Your dr said its not serious so be happy with that. I know how easy it is to keep worrying. I suffer with chronic sinusitis and no matter how many times my GP says 'you will NOT get meningitis' from it I still worry.

Jem xx

reddevil
25-09-06, 12:49
Hi all,

I might make an appointment this week with the doctor and ask him about medication as I have been on amatriptiline for so long and I don't think it's doing me anygood.

Red