PDA

View Full Version : Gp prescription hand creams ?

Em.ma
29-04-13, 20:59
I am suffering from severe dry hands. Their bleeding and cracking badly. I'm using e45 several times a day and if stings like hell to use it.
I'm going to pop along to the chemist and see what they say but will a gp be able to give me stronger stuff?
I work with chemicals. And can't wear gloves sometimes as I need to peel of labels and stickers . Impossible with gloves and you end up with the occasional leaky bottle of cleaning product on your hands which then has be to be washed off aswell. I'm a bit worried as some bleach based products touched my hands today but it didnt sting at all.

Kells81
29-04-13, 21:00
Emma have a think about what we have told you in the past about your posts and decide if it applies to this as well

Gotagetthroughthis
29-04-13, 21:16
Lets see a picture of your hands that are bleeding and cracking badly then. Then we can have a better idea to give you some advice.

Em.ma
29-04-13, 21:34
Thanks Kells81 .
Gottogetthroughthis- why?

Kells81
29-04-13, 21:59
You can really get through ths Emma.
Everytime you think of something new that you need to post about sit down first and have a good think about it-it would be a great start to begin to recognise the obsessive thoughts. Acknowledge that they are just obsessive thoughts and that nothing is going to harm you and the just get on doing something else.
If possible you can also try and challenge those obsessive thoughts yourself in the same kind of way that some of us have been trying to do for you-when you start your CBT you will get more help with how to do this.

Tinker28
29-04-13, 22:38
My hands are bad as well, they crack and bleed real bad to. Hope you find something that works, I have not yet.

Em.ma
30-04-13, 19:29
Thanks cbt is 5th may. So not long now.
I've had a look through my posts and can see how I've worried about the same,r thing time and time again and I've been fine.
I won't get any better until I start cbt though I think. I think it needs to be now.
For example today I was working with a stain and odour removed containing bleach, came home forgot u hadn't washed hands and prepared dinner of salad after I finished eating I started coughing? Now I'm dying in my head. I'm hoping cbt can help me as I can't rationalise things my self.

KeeKee
30-04-13, 21:43
I have this it is contact dermatitis. You will need a steroid cream and then once the wounds start to heal a moisturiser should be enough to keep it at bay.
I've had this for 2 years now have no idea what caused it.

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:42 ----------

Obviously I am no doctor and this is just based on my experience.