PDA

View Full Version : taking propranolol

LilysMummy
29-04-13, 21:36
Hello, ive been on propranolol for around 5 months now, i take 40mg twice a day, normally in the morning then again at bedtime, i forgot this morning and took it about 2pm, then another just now, will that be ok?? i have been on 80mg al in one dose before.. thanks

KeeKee
29-04-13, 21:56
I think so. I take 40mg at 9.30 in the morning and today I asked my doctor if I could take 1 at 3 if I had a panic attack (as I normally get them at night) and he said it would be fine an that you cam take upto 3 x 40mg a day.

SeroxVet
30-04-13, 00:44
Hi. I didn't know people took beta-blockers on a regular basis like that. How do you find it? I've only ever taken it for specific occasions, eg interview/making a presentation etc. It has been v effective, but I did feel a bit light-headed/tired while on it. Mind you I think my tabs are 100mg.

KeeKee
30-04-13, 08:55
Well I have been taking it for 7 weeks now and only had 1 panic attack and I think that was because I went to bed in a panic anyway! I only take 1 a day but the tiredness they caused when I first started them has now subsided and I feel normal again.

reddevil
30-04-13, 09:24
I have been taking 80mg slow release for around 7 weeks and I think it does help.

SeroxVet
01-05-13, 00:30
Slow release..that sounds like a good idea, as the normal ones only last a few hours I think.

leighcb85
02-05-13, 07:45
Hi Guys, my GP started me on x1 80mg slow release propranolol yesterday. He advised wme to start taking them in the evening around tea time, this is because he stated that the dosage usually lasts for around 20 hours and if I took it in the morning it may wear off during my sleep and cause the panic attacks to wake me up with an almighty terror at around 4am (as they have been doing the past week or so). So far so good i must say, granted, its only been one day. I'll keep you posted on how its going...