PDA

View Full Version : Constant throat clearing

Orange Lightning
30-04-13, 13:56
This is getting on my nerves. There's loads of mucus in my throat, and no matter how much I cough and swallow I can't get rid of it. In particular it feels like a large part of it is wedged in my throat, although if I talk, shout or sing my voice isn't hoarse or anything. Sometimes when I cough I bring up clear mucus with white bits in it, usually in the morning during a shower, and I feel very short of breath, especially after belching. Actually the cough can cause me to belch, is that normal? It isn't acid reflux/GERD because my endoscopy and barium swallow tests came back clear, it's unlikely to be LPR (as far as I know XP) because medications and lifestyle changes do nothing to it and it's not a sinus infection or cold because my nose isn't blocked, nor do I have other symptoms like headaches. I'm trying nasal sprays, hot drinks, diet changes, steam inhalation, warm environments and apple cider vinegar/baking soda drinks, but none of it is working. What's happening to me? :weep:

Smatthew
01-05-13, 09:39
I've had this pretty bad for the past couple of weeks - it's annoying isn't it. I think it must be something going around, although I'm always convinced it goes hand in hand with the chest pains i've been having!

Orange Lightning
01-05-13, 13:53
I've had this pretty bad for the past couple of weeks - it's annoying isn't it. I think it must be something going around, although I'm always convinced it goes hand in hand with the chest pains i've been having!

Strange, I haven't been having chest pains myself. It seems to kick off when the temperature dramatically changes (either much warmer or colder) and first thing in the morning. I hope anxiety can cause this; I'm coughing up mucus, but not much of it. :p

Ella13
01-05-13, 15:52
Hey, what you've got describes me word for word at the moment. I have chronic sinusitis but also have suffered with a lot of stomach problems/gastritis/stomach acid in the past so I don't know which it could be I get a lot of chest pain also which is linked to the stomach side of things. Mines constantly at the back if my throat (sounds gross) but I just feel like there's a big ball of snot/gunk constantly stuck there, like you I've tried steam inhalation (which does tend to help me a bit but only for an hour or so) hot drinks, saline sprays for my nose. I also drink apple cider vinegar and that has really helped my sinuses a lot I haven't had a cold for a few months now which is abnormal for me as I used to get one every month but I just wonder if its that that's causing the gunk because I didn't have as much before that. Also my nose ia always really dry and scabby i dont know if you have taht also? I've started taking antihistamines on a daily bases to see if that helps but nothing so far. It's really annoying me!!!! Let me know if u find anything that helps!