PDA

View Full Version : weight loss

saintdee
30-04-13, 16:06
hi all

i have been having a bad time over the last four weeks, i have had dizzy spells which the doc said was an inner ear issue, but this set off my anxiety and everything that goes with it. four weeks ago i was 13st 2lb i am now 12st 11lbs, i have not been eating much as my anxiety has affected my appitaites and my nerves and anxiety have been high almost 24/7, do you think that this weight loss is causeed by my anxiety?

countrygirl
30-04-13, 17:08
If you know you have been eating much less than normal for some time then you will lose weight. You haven't lost alot really. If you said you were eating everything in sight and losing alot of weight quickly then I would advice a Dr visit. Try hard to eat normall this coming week, weigh yourself first and then after a week of eating normally and I bet you will have put a couple of pounds back on!

JohnBliss
30-04-13, 17:52
I agree -5lbs is nothing if your levels of activity haven't changed and you are eating less. I notice that I can lose two or three lbs overnight and have lost 7 lbs since Christmas just by eating less cos I don't have the appetite I used to have. Only a weight loss for no reason ie same food intake and level of activity would be a concern
Regards
John

KeeKee
30-04-13, 18:19
Hi SaintDee,

I've lost 6lbs this week alone due to anxiety over palpitations. I weighed 9 stone 12 and then the other day I was 9 stone 6! I saw the doctor yesterday though and my appetite seems to be creeping back today.

saintdee
30-04-13, 19:28
I am in such a state, I have no appetite and I know that will mean more weight will come off, but I'm also thinking that the weight loss is because of something sinister. I have had inner ear issues which had set my anxiety off 4 weeks ago, bit these last two weeks have been the worst. I have been on sertraline for the last week and also take two or three lorazepam a day to combat side effects. But I just can't get my head around the weight loss, it's started the panic over again which has started the shakes and not wanting to eat even more! I'm scared really scared right now.

mrs way to worried
30-04-13, 21:04
ive lost 6lb in a week convinced its due to my mouth cancer that i know in my head I have .but im 11st after having a baby and knew i needed to eat les so i did then as soon as i lost a bit i panicked rediculous