PDA

View Full Version : Tips for insomnia - urgent please help!

GirlAfraid23
30-04-13, 17:14
I suffer from insomnia a great deal. But I only seem to get it when I have to be up early in the mornings and set an alarm i.e. 6am for work everyday.

At the weekends/during time off, I am usually fine and sleep straight through with no problems.
The constant worry of: "I need to get to bed early and I must sleep and get enough hours" is always present on a week night.

Sometimes I am so tired from the day I just fall straight to sleep but this is rare these days.
I don't want to take sleep tablets and have heard kalms make certain people have night sweats/nightmares.
Can anybody help?
The constant tiredness is making me feel ill and I am cold all day, shivering and with a headache because of it.

---------- Post added at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 17:12 ----------

Also the next day at work I am not at my best performance level and its not helping my place there at all.

JohnBliss
30-04-13, 17:39
Hi There
I swear by Phenergan for a good night's sleep(available from the Chemist also sold as Sominex but Sominex is far more expensive .I also use the Dr Bach's Nightime Rescue Remedy.Another tip is to count down from 1001 to 1 in Sevens ie 994 , 987 etc.
Hope you find something that works for you
Regards
John

KeeKee
30-04-13, 18:16
HI,

Sorry I can't help but are you worried about work at all? If so maybe knowing you are waking up for that could be bothering you?

I currently have health anxiety and although I can easily get to sleep I wake numerous times through the night. If anywhere is numb I panic, if I cant feel my pulse (or if its too strong) I panic! Im having a very difficult time lately as I have been worried sick over my health.