PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

Snarf
30-04-13, 20:41
Hi everyone,

In a moment of annoyance and being fed up I've decided to come and register here. I suffer from IBS and have done for around 11 years now, the attacks have lessened in recent years however certain situations can kick them off.

I was prescribed 80mg Propranolol a year and a half ago when I was going through a bad period, I only ever take it when I really feel the need to though.

My major issue is going away to new places (usually with work) - I end up stressing quite alot because I know the last time I went I also stressed, which sets off my IBS. This then goes into a cycle and I find it can take 3 or 4 days in one place before I really settle. The last time I was away I ended up missing breakfast because I was feeling awful (usual IBS symptoms) - I did find it made it slightly easier explaining that I suffered from it so that the people I was with could understand.

Does anyone have good tips to deal with this (I'm not sure where to start in the forums!) - I'm also after finding out when the best time to take the Propranolol is, before I go to bed or first thing in the morning? Bear in mind I'm flying out at 12:50pm tomorrow on another work trip and airports stress me too!

I've also tried CBT in the past, the only thing I really remember from it is thinking "Calm and smooth" whilst I breathe!

jelly2010
30-04-13, 21:02
Hi and :welcome:
I'm sorry that you are experiencing this and I'm sorry that I don't have any experience with IBS or Propranolol but I'm sure that there's plenty of people here who can offer some advice.
There are sub-boards for IBS and different medications, including Propranolol so perhaps try posting your specific questions there?
Wishing you all the best,
J x

Mark13
01-05-13, 00:33
Hi. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.

You'll find (hopefully) the Propranolol board here, where you shouldget a better response:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=50