PDA

View Full Version : woke up sweaty and terrified.

JoniEdwards
01-05-13, 08:29
I'm shakey, hearts beating out of my chest, dizzy, terrified, feel like I just ran 100 kms, my chest burns. Im so scared. I hate panic attacks.

---------- Post added at 23:29 ---------- Previous post was at 23:20 ----------

What can I do.

PanchoGoz
01-05-13, 10:25
Don't do anything. I too wake up with pounding anxiety but you know what, when you get up, just say to yourself "Pound away heart, sweat away hands, I can carry on my day regardless and I'll just let the panic do its thing". It's only adrenaline, no need to let is spoil your day! Get up and make breakfast as if nothing were wrong and send your body messages that you are ok and don't need all this extra help. It will wear off. Works for me every morning.

JoniEdwards
01-05-13, 11:40
I got about 2 1/2 hours of sleep last night. Now iam shakey dizzy weepy and weak feeling my head tells me its because I'm dying. Logically its because im exausted from no sleep and panic attacks. I wake up in a jolt just terrified. Im becoming terrified to sleep or be in my bed. Im trying to push thru it but I hate the feelings im having. Uhghg help me. :(

hanshan
01-05-13, 11:59
What medications are you taking?

Does your doctor know of your night-time panic attacks?

JoniEdwards
01-05-13, 12:28
I was just prescribed clonazepam. I have had panic attacks all my life. I havent told my dr about the night time ones yet no. normally i only get panic attacks when im alone or when im in the car.

hanshan
01-05-13, 13:52
Clonazepam is approved for panic disorder and may be helpful if you have just started taking it, and haven't yet felt its effects.

Be warned (you may already know) that most doctors feel warned not to prescribe benzodiazepines past a couple of weeks.