PDA

View Full Version : just bust into tears when a johova witness came to my door

nok_tok
01-05-13, 10:22
A nice lady randomly came to my door , she asked me about happyness and if we can truely be happy on earth...she shown me a leaflet which gave an artists impression of a 'perfect world' and i just burst into tears......

i know im vunerable and im not ready to sign up for any religion...but she seemed so kind and friendly and had her tiny baby with her...i just felt really really upset....

i know its weird but i always think when these thing happen,...they have been 'sent' to me by someone, maybe a relation thats passed away and looking down on how sad i am...i dont know

anxietyoverload
01-05-13, 10:42
My boyfriends family are JW's he's not but they are & I can honestly say they are the lovliest kindest people I've ever met!

Ingenious
01-05-13, 16:17
They do seem nice people, all the JWs who have knocked on my door have been well presented and polite too. I doubt it's a "sign" though nok_tok, as you say a random act more like. Lots of JWs knock on a lot of doors every week.

Granny Primark
01-05-13, 17:53
I agree they are lovely people however we dont need religion or politics pushed down our throats.

---------- Post added at 17:53 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

Religion and politics causes wars

eastofeden
10-05-13, 17:46
A nice lady randomly came to my door , she asked me about happyness and if we can truely be happy on earth...she shown me a leaflet which gave an artists impression of a 'perfect world' and i just burst into tears......

i know im vunerable and im not ready to sign up for any religion...but she seemed so kind and friendly and had her tiny baby with her...i just felt really really upset....

i know its weird but i always think when these thing happen,...they have been 'sent' to me by someone, maybe a relation thats passed away and looking down on how sad i am...i dont know

I often feel like crying when I meet lovely people or just even people who are nice to me. I guess in a way it's guilt because I see these people with all their problems and they still seem to have a better attitude towards life than I do and it makes me wonder why I'm such a wretch.

Maybe getting into some form of spiritual healing is the right path to you. Nowadays a lot of people think religion is a joke and it has been made to seem something very uncool. I am catholic but my best friend is a muslim and seeing how passionate she is about her faith encourages me to stay faithful yo my own religion, too.
she talks about praying and going to mosque and she isn't embarrassed or ashamed and doesn't think it's uncool. she's proud but doesn't force it. if im sick or anything she asks her family to pray for me and it's just a mutual kind of kindness and believing that is really lovely. and it encourages me to not care what other people think about my religion too. as long as you're a good person then that's what really matters.

i must say when i'm at my lowest point, prayer really helps me through and i do very much feel that god is listening to me and it is a very comforting and moving experience. as is being at church. you feel very surrounded by kindness and warmth and that everyone in the church is there for the same reasons as you are. also, it is very peaceful and calming. which reminds me i need to go this sunday! :)

i believe that everyone has a soul and that our souls need attention and nurturing and healing just as much, if not more, as our bodies and minds do.
i'm not saying you have to pick a religion. i'm just saying i hope you find a way that works for you and makes you feel spiritually fulfilled, whatever it is.