PDA

View Full Version : My job nightmare

phil06
01-05-13, 11:13
I moved stores to one closer to home a few months ago. It was more hours and money. I though all was good I did 4 days per week but I have had hassles since I started like not getting paid on time and my hours switched from
4 days to 5 so I feel I never get a day off. They wanted me working early starts but adjusted it but now its all late ones over 5 days and I'm stressed as I am always at work.

To make it worse they want me on a till and I have used them before but on my current job I'm not comfortable with it as they use a tannoy system. I spoke to the boss about this but he keeps saying I now have to do till
And he will look into my hours I even asked to cut them. No joy.

I have been now forced to apply to every job? Any ideas?

phil06
03-05-13, 11:35
Anybody? :blush:

Kells81
03-05-13, 11:38
If your job is causing you too much stress and they are asking you do do things you are not happy with maybe it is time to start looking for a new job.

phil06
06-05-13, 11:16
Well it's better to have money so its a hard choice.

Do all jobs force you to use a till?

mikewales
06-05-13, 11:23
Most jobs that involve selling things to the public will mean you have to use a till

flori
06-05-13, 11:23
I know a person who worked in a supermarket and even although initial job was in one department, till training was essential to cover sick/break periods. Not to sure of contracted hours though.

Sparkle1984
06-05-13, 13:59
Could you not ask for a job working in the background, eg in the stockroom or even stacking shelves, if you don't want to work on the tills?

phil06
17-05-13, 11:45
I've asked for less hours.

I feel bad about it and I will have less money but I can't get a transfer right now but might eventually.

I was thinking of walking out the job but I know I can't keep doing that and its drastic glory to part time I've had to do this in many jobs as there's things I can't cope with like this or other reasons on jobs.

:blush: