PDA

View Full Version : Feeling shaky, lightheaded and worried

almamatters
01-05-13, 16:57
I have been feeling slightly better recently , but for the past few days have been feeling a bit weird, shaky, lightheaded and breathless. I am now convinced I have something wrong with my heart. I have asked my GP for more tests, I know I have had loads already and he says that they have ruled everything life threatening out but I disagree as I have not had a full body MRI scan. I have had ECG's in the past, would these show if I have heart problems? I don't want to self diagnose yet another illness but I am so convinced I have a blockage or something near my heart. Thanks for listening.

---------- Post added at 16:57 ---------- Previous post was at 16:55 ----------

I am also becoming anxious that the weather is getting warmer , the heat makes me feel panicky, so all in all not a good time.

Liviguy
01-05-13, 16:59
Hi there,

The shaky, lightheaded and dizzyness will be down to you worrying so much. Nothing else. An ECG would show up heart problems.

I know how hard it is to accept that nothing is wrong, I have been in the same boat, refusing to believe doctor after doctor.

I am trying to tell myself that doctors would know if I was seriously ill. They wouldn't send me home again if they even had a slight suspicion that I was terminally ill.

almamatters
01-05-13, 17:05
Hi there,

The shaky, lightheaded and dizzyness will be down to you worrying so much. Nothing else. An ECG would show up heart problems.

I know how hard it is to accept that nothing is wrong, I have been in the same boat, refusing to believe doctor after doctor.

I am trying to tell myself that doctors would know if I was seriously ill. They wouldn't send me home again if they even had a slight suspicion that I was terminally ill.

Thanks for your reply, I just find it so hard to trust and believe the doctors. My HA is so bad sometimes and nothing the doctors say will make me feel at ease. I feel better now you have said an ECG would show up problems, I was going to ask for tests on my heart, but my GP would be very reluctant to send me I know this. I like you, want to believe that if my GP thought I had cancer or something terrible they would organise further tests.

Liviguy
01-05-13, 17:13
As a fellow HA sufferer I know where you are coming from. I would always leave the GP thinking that they were wrong, and that they had missed something serious that was going to bump me off.

I am no way cured, I am just trying really hard to accept the fact that I am fine. I have had many blood tests, blood pressure tests, an endoscopy, colonoscopy, chest x-rays and each time it's fine.

I am trying to rework my mind into worrying about something IF it happens, and not WHAT IF it happens.