PDA

View Full Version : certirizine hydrochloride for hay fever

frosty2901
01-05-13, 17:43
Hi All
i sufffer yearly from hayfever quite badly and always take certirizine and have never had any nad side effects

and as i know my hayfever has started again this year i can tell by the constant dull head ache i get daily i want to start taking the tablets again and theses are the only ones that seem to work piriton etc dont touch my hayfever

anyway i was wondering if they could effect my anxiety as this will be the first time i have to take them whilst suffering from anxiety so i looked up side effects which i know i shouldnt but they say these tabs increase anxiety heart palputations and fast heart rate so i have managed to scare myself grrrrr i dont think i have sufferd any of these before infact my anxiety only seemed to start after i stoped taking them last year but my hayfever had finished so i didnt need them no more

i was just wondering if any of you lovely people have had any experiance on this matter i e take them before and affter anxiety started and did the effect you at all ?
any positive effects on anxiety as well ?

any feed back would be appreciated
thanks frosty xx

Annie0904
01-05-13, 17:53
I take them and have never noticed any side effects.

almamatters
01-05-13, 17:58
Hi I take these tablets with no problems, I have severe HA and a fear of taking any medication due to side effects and allergic reactions, speaking for myself, I think that my anxiety can make me experience side effects especially to do with heart and breathing . Before I developed HA, I took all medication with no problems but now even struggle with paracetemol . I cannot avoid taking hayfever/allergy tablets as I have constant allergy and sinus symptoms . If you are anyway concerned you could check with your pharmacist just for peace of mind . I always ring the pharmacy when I am given new medication as without doing this and going through things thoroughly I would not be able to take tablets. Take Care.

frosty2901
01-05-13, 18:10
thanks for your replys

its just i feel that im sort of stableising a bit now and dont want to risk anything making my anxiety reocket again i still struggle daily with blips

i will start taking them tommorow or friday

i have never had any trouble with them axcept having to break the damb things in half lol have you tried that as they wear off halfway through the day so have half in morning half in afternoon

i just wanted to see if they had any bad effect on anyone whos had them post and pre anxiety i dont expect to have any ill effects i will tell myself youve had them before and they were ok lol

ive also heard anti histimine tabs can have a possitive effect on anxiety has any one any knowledge of this or is it just the sleeping qualitys as these seem to be non drowsey so they wouldnt work in that way

thanks frosty x

Pipkin
01-05-13, 18:30
Hi there,

You shouldn't have any problems with that anti-histamine as it's non-drowsy. I take piriton which I find has a mildly calming effect and also works well for my hayfever. A few others have a more noticeable sedating effect such as phenergan.

Hope that helps

Pip

frosty2901
02-05-13, 23:52
so i took them today and seem to be ok just got a feeling at the bottom of my wind pipe like somethings there and im sure i can feel it in my back but im sure its just anxiety as i cant see it being the tablets
frosty x

flori
03-05-13, 01:01
Frosty. I take them too and I have been ok with them.

owlkeeper
16-05-13, 20:02
I'm using them too and they don't affect my anxiety in any way. Also I can combine them with my Seroxat/Paroxetine without side effects.