PDA

View Full Version : worring about having a fit/seizure

healthanxietygirl
01-05-13, 18:51
does anyone else worry about having a fit or seizure i dont why but its came from no where and now seems to be all i worry about

aswell as a brain tumour

:weep::unsure:

NatalieSmith
02-05-13, 18:11
Hi there! I'm sorry you're feeling this way healthanxietygirl, but boy do I relate to it.

I'm absolutely terrified of having a fit or a seizure; so much so that I have created a huge fear of bright, blinking lights and get into anxiety attacks whenever I think about seizures or convulsions.

But the thing we have to remind ourselves is: we never had one before, so why would it start now? And even if we had a fit or a seizure (which is highly unlikely), we'd be rushed to the hospital, search the cause of the problem and tadã! We'd be better in no time. :) I know how terrible it is to feel this way, but just try and relax; when thoughts like these come to your mind, take a time off - read your favourite book, watch some crappy telly, go for a long walk and fill your lungs with air and remind yourself that this fear is only your anxiety speaking. You're just fine and you'll be fine! Anxiety is a horrible, horrible disease, making us think and feel things we don't want to. But you're not your anxiety, and with time, you'll learn to control this, I'm sure!

I'm sorry once again that you're going through this, but you can overcome this, I'm positive you can! So don't lose hope, and if you need, we'll be right here to help you! Take care, darling :D

xvolatileheart
21-07-13, 09:41
This is my fear right now at 1:39am, can't sleep because I'm so terrified of a seizure. I sat up to come on here, put my glasses on, and one eye was totally blurry. Sent me straight into a panic. These awful symptoms and thoughts are going to drive me to insanity!