PDA

View Full Version : Can/Do you "have a laugh"

busybee09
01-05-13, 20:49
Just been to a staff meeting... which i normally pull a sicky for!
I knew it would happen but social anxiety kicked in, i HATE being in a group of people at the best of times and as my boss was talking people were giving their feedback and having a laugh and joke.

I can have a good joke with my bf/friends but in general with people i don't feel comfortable i cant!
It sounds daft but i just sat there dead quiet, but i did try to smile and nod my head to agree just so i didnt look like a total lemon.

It's hard work having social anxieties :( i work with another girl and she's almost 100% like me which im grateful for because we regualry meet up and chat about our therapy/anxieties.

TheManWithNoName
01-05-13, 21:05
Hey there :)

I have bouts of Social Anxiety, but sometimes you just have to put yourself in the positions that really get your heart racing to help yourself take more control.

You should be patting yourself on the back for making it through the meeting instead of pulling a sicky. Once you find some ease with that environment, you might be able to relax and maybe loosen up to join in more.

:)

busybee09
01-05-13, 21:11
Thanks for your reply.

Yeah hopefully, i'm determined to make a change this year and to bit at least a bit more chatty than usual. It's tough when words just wont come out of your mouth because your that anxious!

Heres to good changes :)