PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else really scared about bird flu?

Uncertain27
02-05-13, 00:30
Wasn't sure whether to put this in here or general. It says on the Irish Independent that there's going to be a global pandemic, and I'm scared now. Anyone know if that's likely, I don't know if the site is reliable anyway. Also if it did happen would the world/society end? I'm quite scared about that type of thing as well. :ohmy:

flori
02-05-13, 00:56
I read something like that earlier.
I know the bird flu a few years back really frightened me and it was sad for those who died and were ill.
But if I remember right it wasnt as bad as predicted. I suffer from chronic asthma and it was people with underlying health problems who were most affected according to the info.
But this time I never really thought about it.

unsure_about_this
02-05-13, 09:37
Yes. I remember the swine flu back in 2009, we were worried we could not go to Mexico on holiday and had other ideas in places if the holiday got cancelled.

almamatters
02-05-13, 17:57
I am scared of any new illness and especially things that could turn into pandemics, I am not reading the papers or watching the news at the moment. This happened a few years ago and I remember being petrified for weeks.

bernie1977
02-05-13, 19:58
I'm desperately trying to avoid hearing about all this. Only just got over the stress of the media reporting on norovirus all winter. I decided to stop watching the news and avoid all articles in the papers about this type of thing as it was freaking me out so much.