PDA

View Full Version : why are the mornings so hard?

juju
25-09-06, 14:53
hi,
is it just me or do most of you feel the same, i really dread that morning doom feeling, facing another day, apprehension of what it will bring etc.
i wake up and straight away im tense tring not for the symptoms to start, i know i should just let them come, but its hard sometimes.
and god i feel so negative and depressed in the mornings it takes me a good few hours every day to talk myself back.
any advice?
julie

we are all stronger people after having this

Wannabeloved85
25-09-06, 15:11
change your morning routine in a small way. change of habit confuses your subconscious in small ways! Do something small, even if its moving your slippers the night before to another spot so in the morning, you have to get them from another place.
Write a few powerful positive statements and hang them on your mirror!

Becci x

juju
25-09-06, 15:15
thanks becci
i will try this, i was also thinking about moving the bed perhaps?
julie

Wannabeloved85
25-09-06, 15:39
i used to move my bed ALL the time! used to help clear ,my mind too, clean room clean head somehow lol
Waking up on a new side of the bed or room {lol} can be very refreshing.

Mornings are the worse because you tend to think the worse, long day etc, anything could happen,still early and that dreaded "why is it going so darn slow!" I used positive statemnets all over my mirror and a promise that i would make some effort in a morning, helped me alter that doomsday{or doomsmorning} feeling

Becci

net
25-09-06, 16:07
i find i feel worse if my bed faces a certain way
when i'm on holiday if the beds the wrong way i feel so low

i also change the furniture round as i feel a lot better for a while

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

Wannabeloved85
25-09-06, 16:27
same netty,
I went through a stage a where i changed my room around about every 2 weeks or so, not because i felti had to, but because it helped me think bout other things,kept me distracted and i found that theres more than 1 way to organise a room! feels sooooo refreshing when you go to bed the night yuve finished,feels clean and spacious!
Becci x

ceecee
25-09-06, 18:07
hi julie i agree morning are my worst time too!!!!as soon as i wake i think about all the things i have to do that day and catastrophize everything all the what-ifs pop in my head!!!!i don,t really know how to give you any advice but i just thought i,d let you know you are not alone!!!!
take care rachel x

juju
25-09-06, 18:10
thanks rachel,
its nice to know its not just me.
im also anxious today worrying about tomm morning, god ive got to stop this, i always cope whatever!
julie

honeybee3939
25-09-06, 19:46
Hi ju

Im another one that finds the mornings worst, when i go anywhere in the morning my anxiety is alot worse, its if i cant wake up properly, by the afternoon i feel lots better.

Your certainly not alone !

love

Andrea
xxx

rosebud
25-09-06, 20:08
hi

mornings are the worst for me to.
i dread it especially if i'me on my own. i'me just waiting for all the horrible symptoms to start and they usually do. i know its mind over matter but i can't seem to get a hold of myself.

traceyxxx

smithjam1
25-09-06, 20:12
Hi

I used to feel that way - sometimes still do. What I used to do was wake up at about 4am and then all the panic would come through and my mind started working overtime - why does that always happen during the night? I then decided to get some relaxation CD's and put them on my MP3 player at the side of my bed. I have one for going to sleep with which is called the Eye of the storm, which is lots of rain. The other one for when I wake up is, I think called 'rhythmn of the waves' and I just pretend I am on that beach. I don't know if it is the tablets or CD's that have helped, but now as long as I have my MP3 player at the side of the bed with me, I don't need them. I hate to avertise but they were only £2 ish from Amazon.

Just paste on the link below:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_m_h_/026-2256381-7926043?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=Instrumental+sounds+of+nature

J

Kathy
26-09-06, 10:14
Hi

I also suffer in the mornings. I imagine its because your body produces lots of lovely wake-up hormones before dawn to pep you up for your day but unfortunately in us folk it brings out anxiety.

If it isnt TOO early I get out of bed even if I feel really tired. Go downstairs and make that cuppa (yes yes I know caffeine is bad but I need my tea in the morning). Put on the radio, stuff the washing machine with some washing, read the paper..... Then always get yourself ready even if you dont have to. Have a shower, get dressed and make yourself look nice, tidy round the house etc etc.

I go to the gym a few times a week and always go in the mornings. I know that it makes me feel much much better.

If you are working it might be more difficult to do the above, I realise that.

Kath

juju
26-09-06, 12:22
thanks all,
i will try the cd,s i think. i know i can crack the mornings ive done it before, i remember the morning that i felt normal it gave me so much confidence and belief in myself, that i thought id recovered. to me if im okay in the mornings i will be ok all day, sounds silly i know, its not just the symptoms though its the mad thoughts they are like on overtime or something, i dont know if you are all the same but its like im not even allowed to think of anything and i get that rush of anxiety which of course creates the symptoms. my mind makes up the most stupidist things, like its trying to catch me off guard or something!
i will do what i did before and visualise a great, happy morning, and convince myself that i love em-lol
julie

maynooth
26-09-06, 13:21
Hi Julie the reason the mornings may be so bad are because you may feel quite good when you go to bed at night, and therefore hope that the morning will be good also.But then of course you wake up in the morning with your stomach churning etc and you feel disappointed that how you were feeling last night wasnt carried on to today.I think instead of hoping that tomorrow will be good when you go to bed instead you should say to yourself im going to deal with myself however I find myself in the morning.Jon

"You have to live with fear to live without fear!"

juju
26-09-06, 20:06
thanks noothmay,
always good advice mate
julie

maynooth
26-09-06, 20:51
Thanks Julie it is good advice but I cant take the credit for it.Its actually the advice of a certain doctor.lol Jon

"You have to live with fear to live without fear!"