PDA

View Full Version : Help with hypochondria?

Eggplant345
02-05-13, 12:15
Hello, I am a 16 year old girl. Lately I have been freakig out. For a good 3 weeks i was totally convinced i had a brain tumor. I had migraines, ticklish feeling in my arms, and these little pains all over my head and forehead. Plus nausea. I got the reassurance from my doctor who said everything was okay. I was okay for about a week. The next week, anxiety stated to rear it's little ugly head again. The brain tumor scare came back. Now, I found a bruise on the back of my leg and now I am totally convinced i have leukemia. Has anyone overcome hypochondria that can help me out? I'm terrified.

nomorepanic
02-05-13, 12:16
Hi and welcome

Here is a good starting place for you:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/healthanxiety/

hanshan
02-05-13, 12:33
All sorts of minor symptoms are normal and occur throughout a normal life. The younger you are, the less likely they are to point towards anything serious.

Of course, if you are worried, check with your doctor. But if the message comes back that you are okay, and you have no further symptoms, then you are very, very likely to be okay.

If thoughts of illness keep haunting you, then it's possible that you have health anxiety, which is itself a condition that can be treated.