PDA

View Full Version : Upping the dose of Escitalopram (Cipralex)

katies
25-09-06, 16:21
Hi

Have been on 10mg of the above for about ayear now but anixety is coming back. Has anyone else had to up their dose ? Do you find it miakes you sleepy ?

Thanks

KatieS

juju
25-09-06, 17:05
hi,
i am on citalopram and i upped to 40mg in 4 weeks.
yes you do have an increase in side effects, but it is well worth it.
julie:)

we are all stronger people after having this

danny batchelor
12-11-08, 00:41
high my names danny and sufferd from anxiety with the knock on effects of depression.
i started o 5 then 10 then 20 mg a time they do work but with adverse side affects which i find are electric shocks if you do not take them for a period of 2-3 days as im trying to come off of them as i found my alcoholism was a major factor of my depression and now sober would like to stop.
but watch out for those side affects they start 12 hours after your last tablet and become stronger and steady as time without them carries on

Chelle1
12-11-08, 01:05
Hi,

I have been on Citalorpram for many years, i started on 10 mg and have been on 20mg and 30mg and am now back to 20mg. I think its worth upping the dose when needed, i dont really have any side effects apart from increased anxiety for the first one or two weeks of upping the dose (which is a pain in the a** cos thats the thing im trying to rid by taking them). I dont really find it makes me anymore sleepy than i already am but it differs from person to person doesnt it. I dont imagine you would gain side effects upping the dose to 20mg except maybe for the first few days.

I think you can only try for yourself, if you are fine on 10mg you will be ok on 20, if it doesnt feel right after a few weeks maybe try 15mg or go back to 10mg. I know its always a worry (new or upping med) but it might make you feel better. U gotta try or you wont know:winks:

(saying all that it took me two weeks and 3 trips back to the doctors to even start taking the 10mg in the first place after i had read the side effects leaflet) makes me laugh now cos they really do help, dont think they cure but definatly help.

Anyway all the best, hope you feel better soon xx

vicky-books
17-03-10, 12:30
Chelle - so glad I found someone else out there who has anxiety about taking new drugs. I have been switched so many times I have lost count and panic on the way home from the docs - read the leaflet and think I will get all the rare side effects listed, fall into a coma and die. I pace around the bathroom for ages with the pills in my hand trying to convince myself to take them :-)