PDA

View Full Version : lung cancer

unsure_about_this
02-05-13, 17:08
My health anxiety is driving me crazy now. It has got to stop now. I read something online which I have been scared of about lung cancer she died at 29 yet again reading Daily Mail Online (maybe these articles should have a health warning on them)

I don't smoke but know that I still have a chance of getting lung cancer through passive smoking and other environment things etc.

I think it time I should talk to someone like Cancer Research etc because this fear and worrying about cancer is making me feel so tense.

I do have a lot of worries.

Gee
02-05-13, 18:25
This may not help but I have anxiety on 1 or 2 particular illnesses - most of which are the kind where you can't get a cure - they are life long or there is a big chance they are life long.

Cancer is something I've never worried over and I'll tell you why - yes it's common and there are a lot of different kinds BUT the doctors know so so much about it!!!
There are many ways of treating and in a lot of cases a good prognosis - I know that's not always the case - but I have faith in the doctors with this.

It's impossible to say don't worry but I got told by a doc once b4 when I was panicking about HIV - EVERYTHING is a symptom - same as with cancer - everything 'could' be a symptom but its 90% not!