PDA

View Full Version : Can't eat

Caramel
02-05-13, 18:30
Hey everyone,

My panic and anxiety is so bad at the moment, I just can't eat anything. It's making me feel even worse because I feel sick and weak.

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:23 ----------

I'm so scared

nomorepanic
02-05-13, 18:37
You must eat or the panic and anxiety will be much much worse

Try protein shakes or soups

PanchoGoz
02-05-13, 18:54
Get stuff down you, even if you bring it back up, have another helping and try again. It helps to be distracted with telly or something as you are eating as it takes your mind off retching or sickness. Just make sure you eat good stuff, have some fruit as this really makes you happier and some snacks too. The more you eat, the more your appetite improves. And remember that this will subside when the anxiety comes down and you will catch up any lost weight with ravenous eating :D

Caramel
02-05-13, 18:59
Thanks guys, I will do my best - bananas seem to help :)

acmillo
02-05-13, 19:01
I too have this problem from time to time. I find it really helps to just eat a little bit at a time but eat at more regularl intervals Sometimes I think it's the thought of a big meal that sets the anxiety soaring and it kind of becomes a self full filling prophecy. I often eat lots of apples and bananas as a snack when I'm anxious as I find them easy to stomach and in find that when I have eaten them the anxiety tends to lessen slightly. I know it's hard but eating is so important and I think feeling hungry can perhaps exaggerate the anxiety symptoms.

Spot-the-frog
02-05-13, 19:19
I was like this for 3 weeks and I was nagged into eating, I didn't eat much but I knew I had to get something down. Banana's are brilliant, if you can eat them that would be great. To be honest anything will do, also try to drink lots of water or squash. Hope you feel better soon x

Rennie1989
02-05-13, 19:21
Start with small bites of food, something easy to eat, like biscuits, fruit, cereal, toast, anything YOU fancy. Forget whether it's healthy or not, get some grub down your neck! Drink milkshakes as well.

If you really cannot eat and you notice you are loosing weight then I would recommend taking vitamin tablets for a few weeks, just so your body is still getting the nutrients it needs.

Caramel
02-05-13, 19:25
Thanks guys - it really helps to know you're all here :) Good advice from all of you x