PDA

View Full Version : Discomfort in chest

Ant123
02-05-13, 23:26
Hi i am 22, quite healthy and keep fit. I have had blood tests a chest x ray and an ECG, an they all say im fine.... But i still keep thinking i am going to have a heart attack, i get slight pains in my chest and all over my body, also my arms. At night its worse because any pain and i am awake. It really does my head in. Any advice would be great
Thanks

Kaato
03-05-13, 00:28
I'm exactly the same, I'm 26 though.

I actually went for an ECG today because of a SEVERE panic attack the other day, I even had a bad one on the way down.

My chest/torso is extremely uncomfortable right now, I keep getting waves of weird "doom sensations", like just really bad feelings out of nowhere.

It's just anxiety dude, TRY to stop your automatic negative thoughts in their tracks, first step is to identify what they are, my negative thoughts are things like:

Will I fail this year of uni
Will I get work over the summer
Will I die in a car accident
Will I have a heart attack
Will my girlfriend cheat on/break up with me

e.t.c, bad thoughts make you feel bad, you're too aware of everything around you ,and within you, I'm SO hypervigilant, every tiny body sensation, AM I DYING?

I'm retarded, like I need to just chill the **** out and stop being a weirdo, life is great, I'm gonna try to see the positive side to everything, and I hope you try too.

Ant123
03-05-13, 06:13
Yer i know haha. Its annoying. Thanks for the advice