PDA

View Full Version : Sinusitus resistant to antibiotics?

GirlAfraid23
03-05-13, 11:22
I have very bad sinusitus and ear nose and throat issues.
I went to the GP two mondays ago and he prescribed me antibiotics. High strength ones. I.took them all and finished the course as prescribed. The only thing I.didnt do was take them one hour before food as was reccommended.
Now its less than a week since I finished them.and its come back again with a vengeance.
Thick green snot mixed with blood in morning, ear pain & facial pain and horrid sore throat.
I dont know what to.do next?

---------- Post added at 11:21 ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 ----------

Anyone?

---------- Post added at 11:22 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

:-(

Kells81
03-05-13, 11:33
I don't think anyone will be able to say anything other than go back to the doctors-maybe there is something else they can give you.

Blueeyed87
03-05-13, 12:00
Sinus infections are nortiously hard to clear up via anti biotics as its hard to tell if its a viral infection or bacterial. I had a doozy of a sinius infection 6 months ago, whole face ached green mucus and blood. I treated it with 'Fess' saline nose spray and a saline irrigation when my nose wasn't so blocked. Works well. :)
But definitely go back to your dr.

sam09
03-05-13, 13:29
Ive been like that with cold sinus that wont do one.plus I work in a pub where everyone has a bug of some description. Finally been to the docs today thinks its more hayfever so prescribed me a nasal spray and I got an appointment to help me wth my health anxiety so hopefully ill be finally getting myself sorted. Its taken me ages mind.