PDA

View Full Version : Help

jencoop
25-09-06, 18:54
Lately I have felt so helpless because I can't get rid of my anxiety and depression. I hate new meds because I had a bad experience with wellbutrin so I am very scared of meds. I am currrently taking buspar which side effect wise is ok but still feeling anxious lately I have also felt like I was living in a dream and in reading they say thats from anxiety called depersonalization. I can still functin though but I am always thinking about it. Any suggestions on how to make myself relax and any suggestions on meds with low side effects

Southern_Belle
25-09-06, 19:00
Hi Jen,

First of all welcome to nmp. I also understand the overwhelming feeling of helplessness with anxiety. My doctor told me that wellbutrin is not the best med for anxiety as it sort of revs you up and not a calming med. I would suggest you speak to your doctor if you want to try another med. As far as relaxing a nice warm bath with music that you like is always nice, or reading a good book, taking a walk, watching a movie, or sometimes just calling an old girlfriend for a giggle can do the trick. Any of the things I just mentioned can help take your mind off of anxiety most of the time and help you relax. You will make many new friends here and I hope you visit the chat room, you can talk about your problems in there and always get a good laugh too. I hope this helps.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

polly daydream
25-09-06, 22:29
Hi Jen and welcome to the forum. Know just how you feel friend, I was feeling just like you three months ago and am just starting to feel better. I am on citalopram which I have found very usefull with hardly any side effects. Are you taking anything else alongside buspar such as propranolol, it will help calm the anxiety down while your body gets used to the drug. See your dr and ask if you can take something with it.

Take care,

Polly