PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

-FReaK-
25-09-06, 22:04
Hi guys. I'm new to the forum. I've suffered with panic attacks for as long as I can remember, but only had the diagnosed 4 years ago when I hit rock bottom. I've been panic free for the past 4 years but the monster has decided to rear it's ugly head again.

Got a meeting with my therapist this Wednesday. First time in a long while.

The weird thig about them coming back is that I totally understand them now. 4 years ago I was freaking out, wondering what was wrong with me. Now I know, but it still doesn't make them any easier. It's weird isn't it that when you're having an attack, even though you know you're gonna be alright, you still can't help but feel like you're not?

Anyway, I refuse to let this thing beat me. Also, to anyone out there who's feeling rough, I want you to know that you won't feel this way forever, you WILL get better. If anyone ever needs any help or information - I'm your man. Feel free to get in touch.

I read somewhere that panic attacks can be triggered by your subconcience trying to tell you that there is something you're not happy about in your life. It's not too late to make changes...

polly daydream
25-09-06, 22:08
Hi Freak and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

-FReaK-
25-09-06, 22:18
Cheers Polly.

Wannabeloved85
25-09-06, 22:37
Welcome aboard! and thankyou for your words of wisdom! so nice to hear a positive attitude from new members

Becci x

yorkylover
25-09-06, 23:48
welcome to the forum,you will get great advise here.:D

Ellen XX

manmoor
25-09-06, 23:52
Hi Freak,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Lilac
26-09-06, 01:13
Hi FReaK
Its Lilac here. Thanks for your reply to my post and welcome.
Your comment on anxiety attacks being triggered by something
subconscious you are not happy with in your life is interesting.

I have posted my personal thoughts on this in a new post
SMOKING and STRESS. What do you think.

mad_shell66
26-09-06, 09:38
hiya,

welcome to the no more panic forum.
im glad you found it.
you will find lots of useful information on here
and make lots of friends!

shellxx

pennyc
26-09-06, 11:27
Hello,
I am new to the site.

Am having terrible problems at the moment, feeling anxious, thinking I am going to die, have had all sorts of symptoms from pain in leg to rapid heart beats and now the latest thing yesterday a tingling sensation in the left side of my head. Have seen my GP and she has taken bloods and I had a chest xray. Am due to go back on the 10th October to see how I am feeling.
Would be great to talk to people who have the same experiences, I often feel quite frightened when I have a panic attack.

Thanks
Penny :)

trac67
26-09-06, 11:32
Hiya,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

sgp64
26-09-06, 15:40
Hi Freak and hi Penny.

Penny....I get frightened too. It's all part and parcel of a p/a. There's some great advice here and lots of lovely people to share your worries with. Take care.

groovygranny
26-09-06, 21:49
Hello and Welcome ! :)

xxx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

domino
27-09-06, 11:31
hope your meeting is another turning point for you,I,ve sufferd with panic attacks for a long time now ,and by talking to other suffers hopfully life will become easier. rickards.

nomorepanic
29-09-06, 19:23
Hi Freak

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will meet some fab people here.

Nicola

magicsheep
29-09-06, 20:41
Hey Freak,

Nice to see another member

x

wobily_lin
30-09-06, 08:55
Hi Freak,

A big welcome to the site. Great support on here. Nice ppl.

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx