PDA

View Full Version : Ddcoo progress

Ddcoo
03-05-13, 16:04
To all of you who have been following my story if tongue cancer I am pleased to tell you that I have been feeling a lot better over the past couple of weeks, obviously I have a long way to go but I have been pottering in the garden and planting some tubs up, but I do get frustrated because I am not allowed to lift anything heavy and hate having to ask for help all the time. I have also enjoyed going around some garden centres as we are making a memory corner at the bottom of the garden for a cousin of mine that died of cancer last year and it has been a very theraputic thing to do.

My tongue is still swollen and my gums are very tender, so the eating problem is still there, but I was told yesterday that it is about 6 months after the radiotherapy finishes before you start to eat properly and even then there can be problems, so one day at a time!! I am just so grateful that I feel like getting out of bed again, although I admit to a very slow "get ready" in the mornings. 10.30am is a good time for me at the moment.

Again, I would like to say a big thank you to all of you who have given me encouragement throughout my irdeal, I will always be grateful to you and if I can be of any help to anyone, then feel free to ask me.

Bless you all and I wish you well in fighting your demons.

Annie0904
03-05-13, 16:15
Lovely to hear from you Ddcoo :D
I am always slow to get ready on a morning without going through what you have! 10:30 sounds good to me :D
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

shaka
03-05-13, 16:28
Great to hear from Ddcoo :hugs:

RosieXXX
03-05-13, 21:16
Lovely to hear from you Di, and to know you are making good progress. How lovely it must be for you to potter in the garden, especially since the weather has made an improvement at long last. Wishing you well - take it easy and enjoy each and every day :hugs:

bernie1977
03-05-13, 22:10
Glad to hear you're making such good progress. You're an inspiration to us all. X

Tessar
03-05-13, 22:30
Ahhhh ddcooooo so gooood to hear from youuuuuuu!!!!!:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Our lovely lady of inspiration...:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

The one who keeps us strong.... :):D:ohmy::):D:ohmy::):D:ohmy:

You inspire me to be strong of mind. Making me face those demons.
Little critters they are, popping up everywhere :scared15::scared15::scared15::scared15::scared15: :scared15::scared15:

But I am determined to keep shooting the little buggers down :buttkick::buttkick::buttkick::buttkick::buttkick:

Anxious_gal
04-05-13, 09:43
Aw great to hear you have been doing well :)

That must be hard to still have a swollen tongue. I hope it's not too uncomfortable?

Wow six months really until you can eat normally. I bet you'll never take such a simple act for granted again.

It's good you're able to get out of bed and have enough energy for a bit of gardening :)

So glad you're ok and things went as good as they did x

Eek
04-05-13, 10:48
great to hear you're feeling a bit better. I know it's a slow process but at least the worst is over and you're now recovering a little bit each day. Hopefully you'll be eating normally again soon, six months must seem like forever for something we take so much for granted, hopefully your tongue will go down and your gums will stop hurting soon.

So good to hear from you and that you're doing so well big hugs :hugs:

Magic
04-05-13, 15:24
Sending Love and Hugs Ddcoo:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: