PDA

View Full Version : Oops got told off by the pharmacist!

Snoodlester
03-05-13, 16:35
I've been really suffering this week so I phoned my doctor and explained my constant anxiety. He's prescribed me a low dose of diazapine and I asked if he could fax it to the local pharmacy where I'm staying. He said yes if I got the number. So I called the pharmacy and was told to call back in a couple of hours to check they'd received it. When I did I was told this is a controlled drug and shouldn't be given over in a fax and that I should have said this is what it was when I called earlier! I apologised and she said she'd do it this once but don't do it again!

What did surprise me though when I picked it up I didn't have to sign anything as it was a fax?! I offered to go back tomorrow and sign the original and she said nah don't worry! What happened to it being controlled? Guess I don't look that dodgy then!!

inCOGnito
04-05-13, 08:39
They might get a lot of drug users at that particular pharmacy and might have thought it was dodgy until they seen your innocent looking mug :)

Anxious_gal
04-05-13, 09:35
That's so stupid! I've often needed to have my doctor fax over my prescriptions. There's many situations in which a doctor may need to do that, I wonder what planet she lives on lol

Edie
04-05-13, 16:03
How were you supposed to know this? The GP should also have known. Anyway, it's good you got the meds you need.

flori
04-05-13, 16:24
It`s not your fault. If your gp said it was ok I don`t see the problem. I wouldn`t
have thought it was a controlled drug. I know there are certain drugs where a prescription has to be signed in 2 places and name and address of whoever picks up the drug documented separately by the pharmacist, but I wouldn`t have called diazepam one of them.