PDA

View Full Version : Tests tests tests!

countrygirl
03-05-13, 17:39
I had a sigmoidoscopy last week because a couple of months ago I had some fresh blood with stool twice in a week. Thankfully this test was totally normal although horrible experience.

I am waiting for a follow up ultrasound because they found a small ovarian cyst on my left ovary three months ago ( I have had this before) and they want to see if its gone or got bigger. Will be terrified on day in case its got bigger and i have to have further tests.

I am due to have another brain mri to moniter a cyst I have on my brain stem- could be June when I have this.

I am waiting for a 24 hr ecg because I have had ectopic heartbeats for 30 years but two years ago it changed to sudden episodes of really fluttery erratic beats lasting about 10 seconds but making me feel faint. Saw cardio and had 24 hr ecg - they picked up multiple ectopics but I did not have one of my bad attacks on this so no def conclusion.
These sudden flutters feeling faint are happening every few days so Dr said I need to have 24 hr ecg and then he can refer me back to cardio to see if I can get 7 day if I don't have an attack on the 24 hr one.

Argggggggh - I hate any tests and get so panic stricken that my bp and pulse go through the roof.

RosieXXX
03-05-13, 19:24
You have a lot to contend with; at least one of your tests is over and done with, and you can rest assured there is nothing to worry about.

I know how dreadful it is waiting for tests to be done, and then even worse waiting for results, it is difficult to know where to put your thoughts - and the worry seems relentless. It becomes very difficult to take a step back from it all, and to weigh things up in a more balanced way. When i have extreme anxiety, i sometimes get periods of time when i am able to see things more calmly; i hope you may experience this too. I honestly do believe if the consultants felt there was anything requiring urgent attention they would be carrying out further investigations promptly.

I know the worry will not leave you until you have had your follow up appointments, and any person having to wait for these tests, whether they suffer from health anxiety of not would be finding this difficult, but of course it is extremely difficult when suffering with health anxiety. Having good support, and being able to share your worries especially with people who understand what it is like to suffer with HA
does help - thank goodness for this site. Wishing you well - try to take each day as it comes, and keep your thoughts level xx

Annie0904
03-05-13, 19:38
Oh you do have a lot going on all at once. Sending you lots of hugs to help you through :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

countrygirl
03-05-13, 20:09
Huge thanks both:yesyes::yesyes:

Diva
03-05-13, 23:42
Hi CountryGirl

Sorry to hear you're going through the wars at the moment but I am impressed by your bravery at going through these tests and check ups.

Hope the remainder go as well as those so far - You have to stay strong for the rest of us!

All the best

D