PDA

View Full Version : Hi

mahbro
03-05-13, 18:59
Hi. I'm new to the forum but have suffered with anxiety for as long as I can remember and its only in the last year that ive finally asked for help on this.

Im currently on no medication but should have already started on my doctors prescription. I'm really hesistant to try anything right now as i hear that this tablet seems to be more like rocket fuel than what i really need.

Basically i dont know what on earths wrong with me aside from the fact i have anxiety problems and the only clear thing said to me is that I also have OCD. Last time i tried something for anxiety, sertraline, i ended up in hospital as from what the hospital said it caused me to go "hypomanic" within days of taking it.

I feel literally sick to my stomach just doing day to day tasks but I'm terrified of taking any new medication

jelly2010
03-05-13, 19:14
Hi and :welcome:
I'm sorry to hear you are going through this rough time - anxiety really is a bitch.
Do you mind me asking what you have been prescribed? There are sub-boards for different types of medication which I've found very helpful.

Remember you are not alone - everyone I've come across here has been so friendly and supportive.
Wishing you all the best,
J x

woollylamb
03-05-13, 20:11
Hey there mahbro:) Welcome!, I am new here myself today with the same thing that you are here for, so firstly you are not alone, if it helps I was prescribed seritiline (guessing at spelling) and it made me as sick as a dog with pounding headaches!! but keep the faith, there are lots of different remedies out there, the hardest bit you have already done, just by talking about it, its one step closer to recovery and you couldn't start in better place take care hun x

Mark13
03-05-13, 22:44
Hi. I'm sure you'll be glad you joined.

There's plenty of advice and support here.

You're not alone.

All the best.

mahbro
05-05-13, 12:04
Thanks for all your replies guys. jelly, I'm supposed to be starting on venlafaxine (?) although i do also have a small amount of diazepam on hand should i ever seriously need it but like all medicines i dont take it unless i absolutely need to.

woolley, sertraline had a similar effect on me as well except my mood went into orbit as well and i was very quickly taken off it thankfully. Looking back on it now the experience was terrifying.

flori
05-05-13, 20:15
Hi and :welcome: Mahbro

I am sure you will find lots of useful info and friendly people willing to chat. We are not alone.

granny85
05-05-13, 20:20
I'm on 75mg Venlafaxine & it has helped a lot; took abouut 8 weeks before I felt significantly better, & the doc gave me something else to take while it kicked in, so take care & you should soon feel better x

Bekzie
05-05-13, 21:20
Hi and :welcome:

Hope you find lots of advice and support here :hugs:

mahbro
06-05-13, 11:28
So I gave up yesterday and im now on day 2 of venlafaxine. Feeling pretty aggitated right now :(

hanshan
06-05-13, 11:39
Stay on the venlafaxine until you can decide whether it is having a beneficial effect. This may take up to eight weeks, but is is more likely to come two or three weeks earlier.

In the meantime, take the diazepam to help you with starting up venlafaxine.

kittikat
06-05-13, 11:43
Hi & :welcome:

Just wanted to say I am on venlafaxine and it has done wonders for me after some disasters with other anti d's. Hang in there, it's very early days and just from a personal point of view, don't be in a hurry to increase...it took about 6 weeks for me to finally notice the benefits of ven and I stayed on 75mg for 7 months. I have only recently increased to 112.5mg and am doing pretty well now, even managing to taper off the diazepam.

Good Luck with it.
Kitti :)