PDA

View Full Version : Left abdominal pain... Very worried

Vida
04-05-13, 00:05
For about 2 weeks I've had a pain to the left of my belly button. Intermittent pain. It gradually decreased from a few times a day in the beginning to maybe once a day now. I have had constipation and diarrhea and now constipation again. I have put myself into an absolute panic. Now i have low back pain. And low appetite. And increased bowel sounds. Im frightened its something horrible. Im frightened to get it checked because it might be something bad. Im scared not to get it checked. Can anyone help?

nomorepanic
04-05-13, 00:38
It could be something simple like IBS but you do need to get a proper diagnosis on that one

lofwyr
04-05-13, 04:54
Well I am having the same thing, exactly the same thing, in the same place, and I have been to the doc twice over it. And I have been having it off and on for about 7 months, and no other symptoms. Antacids usually help me out.

I have been alternating between panicky and okay with it. I go a day or two without it, then it rears its head and I freak out. Some days it is worse than others, and it is probably IBS according to the doc. He seemed COMPLETELY unconcerned about it, so I am trying to be as well.

But then we are who we are, and we begin to doubt them, don't we. We look for ways for it to not be the worst case, but at the same time, we look for it to be the worst case.

I have had no change in symptoms, weight, body temp or anything and I have been like this off and on for seven months. My advice, if it doesn't go away, experiment with your diet. Give up dairy for a week, or gluten. That was what my doc had me try.

To be honest, my pain is not very bad, but it is new to me, so scary. If I KNEW it was nothing serious, I could easily live with it, no problem. If I had that guarantee that that pain I felt was not the sign of something ominous, I would be okay with it. It is not very severe.